HTC One V Keyboard Wont Show Text When Key Pressed

vampsonic

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I looked around to find if anyone else had this trouble, though it seems like most people have the problem of not being able to see their keyboard in landscape or whatever. This problem is different I'd say; my keyboard shows up, but when I press a key, nothing shows up. This has happened for a while and I simply shrugged it off as a bug, since it fixed itself eventually, but today it got much much worse and it has not worked in a couple hours. If anyone knows the solution, please help!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Try going into manage apps and clearing cache/data on the keyboard. I think on my X2 it's called multi-touch keyboard or something.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No problem. How often does it happen? I would think that rebooting your phone would fix it, at least temporarily.

vampsonic

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
A restart does fix this temporarily.. I only got this HTC One V not even a whole month ago and this has been happening for a while and now it's nearly impossible to work. It happens off and on, not even a 10 minute working time. Sometimes repeatedly touching the letters gets it to work but sometimes it does nothing.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Has it happened since you got the phone, or, did it just start happening at one point. If it just started happening, can you think of anything you did that could have caused it? Like, installed an app? You could try backing out some of your more recently installed apps and see if that yields any results.

If it's been happening since you got the phone, I'd do a factory reset, if it still happens after that, get it replaced with a different model.

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Downlaod diffrent keyboard and and see if it still happens. This way we will know if this is system or just keyboard, if it's just keyboard then just change it

vampsonic

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
The problem has not shown up for a while which is odd to me but I will try different keyboards beside the HTC sense input and GOkeyboard, if it still manages to show up, I'll hard reset, though now my phone cant seem to dock my SD card. How troublesome..

zalaitz

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi Vampsonic. The same is happening to me. Previously it was occasional but today since a week or so it has been really annoying. How you finally solve it?
Thank you so much!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze