Samsung Behold II - How do I upgrade Android?

eastcoastpride

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
So I have version 1.5 on this phone and everytime I click the setting option to look for an update it says there is no firmware to update...

Now I know there's versions of android over 2.0..... is there any way I can upgrade to one of these new versions somehow??

Thanks everyone!

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The newer versions likely have not been released for your particular phone model. It's the same thing with new phones; my Desire is still on 2.1 while Nexus One and several other phones have 2.2.

The problem is that both my Desire and your Behold II have a custom-made user interface made by Samsung in your case. This makes the updating process more difficult, as Samsung has to make sure the new version of Android works with their custom interface.

A lot of phones that are older than a year stop receiving updates. What you can do is root the phone and flash a different ROM on there with the updated operating system, but without the Samsung-made interface (you would get the standard Android interface instead). Whether there are ROMs available for your particular model or not, you're better off asking someone else. I'm not a rooter and I won't be until my warranty's run out and I feel like messing around with the firmware. ;)

eastcoastpride

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
The newer versions likely have not been released for your particular phone model. It's the same thing with new phones; my Desire is still on 2.1 while Nexus One and several other phones have 2.2.

The problem is that both my Desire and your Behold II have a custom-made user interface made by Samsung in your case. This makes the updating process more difficult, as Samsung has to make sure the new version of Android works with their custom interface.

A lot of phones that are older than a year stop receiving updates. What you can do is root the phone and flash a different ROM on there with the updated operating system, but without the Samsung-made interface (you would get the standard Android interface instead). Whether there are ROMs available for your particular model or not, you're better off asking someone else. I'm not a rooter and I won't be until my warranty's run out and I feel like messing around with the firmware. ;)

Thanks for responding Seek. So it sounds like Samsung may never release a new version of Android for this custom-made interface?

Will doing the rooting method mess up my phone? If its relatively safe I have no problem trying it. I have no idea where to go to get more information though. Any direction you can provide me is appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante