Contracts not filed by last name!

TimD2007

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Just dumped my BB for the Android X. Got my contacts in through Gmail but 50-60% of them are no longer filed by last name. Would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance folks!

Matt Kline

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
go into contacts on the phone hit the menu button then select display options then chose how to "sort list by" hope that helps

I just tried that with the x and it must not have the same menu options. I can't find any option to do this.

I can't figure out how to do it from gmail on my computer either.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Don't have a Droid X, yet. I have read on my research for an Android device that this is not possible unless you do a big runaround using a CSV file loaded into Google.

However, have read in numerous places that 2.2 will fix the problem.

Maybe I'm wrong.

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the display option on my Incredible, either.

Coincidentally, over the weekend, I noticed that a family member's Droid Eris displays her contact names in lastname, firstname format. I didn't notice the display option on that device, either. I wonder if she has her contacts in that format within the Contacts page on the standard Gmail web site?

For that matter, wouldn't manually updating all of the names on the Contacts page on the standard Gmail web site so that they are in lastname, firstname format -- although being very tedious -- accomplish what we're seeking? If so, this seems less an Android problem and more a Google Contacts problem, doesn't it?

scramer

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
1. Still don't see an option after the 2.2 update on the EVO.

2. Don't see a way to change it in the GMAIL contacts.

3. Coming from the PRE, you could change the sort order (linked to same Google contacts), don't understand why you can't do it on the Android phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad