Why is Media Server eating up so much POWER?

radicalRWer

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Never saw Media Server eating so much battery before. Usually always screen or Android OS in some cases.

I have only had my camera on two times today also. Seems to be running in background???

Any clue? Just upgraded to JB 4.1.2 two days ago. Also my charge rate is super slow now!!! Won't take a charge like it did before.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 2013-03-14 16.12.54.png
    2013-03-14 16.12.54.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 0

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it gone is some code loop, sis you tried to restart phone? Also it might be other app using the server (since it's just a service that serves other apps)

radicalRWer

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it gone is some code loop, sis you tried to restart phone? Also it might be other app using the server (since it's just a service that serves other apps)

I have taken the battery out and SIM card. Restarted several times. Still no luck. Verizon tech support was going to push a new PRL in hopes that tower communication would be better?? Charge rate is still SUPER SLOOOOW. In fact I wonder if the phone is reading the battery power correctly. I turned off the phone with 83% turned it back on and then it read 79%. I cannot imagine it used 4% of the battery just doing that!!! Something is screwy!

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have taken the battery out and SIM card. Restarted several times. Still no luck. Verizon tech support was going to push a new PRL in hopes that tower communication would be better?? Charge rate is still SUPER SLOOOOW. In fact I wonder if the phone is reading the battery power correctly. I turned off the phone with 83% turned it back on and then it read 79%. I cannot imagine it used 4% of the battery just doing that!!! Something is screwy!

Well hardware can't really measure charge of the battery accuritly, so it's normal that it shows something different after restart