Nexus 4 Adding Contacts

Stickeyjam

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I recently got a Nexus 4 after spending the last 5 years or more using an old Sony Ericcson phone.

Today I went to add my phone numbers into my new N4 and it keeps asking me to add them to either my Google or Hotmail (I setup e-mail already) account. Why? I don't want to sync them, I just want to have them there on my phone. I've exported my entire phonebook as a CSV and VCF file on my PC, I but I really cannot find how to import without it also syncing with Google or Hotmail.

It seems a bit silly to force this, any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you try to add a contact, can you select "Phone" as an account option? For example, on my Razr Maxx, if I try to add a contact, the edit contact screen has my Google account at the top. If I tap it, it allows me to select between my Google account and Phone (which on the Maxx is Backup Assistant, Verizon's version of contact backups). If I were to select Phone, then the contact would only be local and not synced with Google. If I activated Backup Assistant, it would be backed up to Verizon, but I never activate it.

Stickeyjam

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
When you try to add a contact, can you select "Phone" as an account option? For example, on my Razr Maxx, if I try to add a contact, the edit contact screen has my Google account at the top. If I tap it, it allows me to select between my Google account and Phone (which on the Maxx is Backup Assistant, Verizon's version of contact backups). If I were to select Phone, then the contact would only be local and not synced with Google. If I activated Backup Assistant, it would be backed up to Verizon, but I never activate it.
Unfortunately no. I click "Import/Export" and select to import from storage. It then says "Create contact under account" and lists both my Google and Hotmail accounts, nothing else. If I touch out of the selection it just takes me back to the import/export screen, it's forcing me to pick either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki