Importing Contacts from WM/iPhone/Palm/BB or other device

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Importing Contacts into Android:

Contacts can be added to your device using Gmail.

Contacts need to be exported as a Comma Seperated Value (.CSV) file then imported into the primary Gmail account. Contacts will synchronize automatically to the device.

Determine the location of existing contacts, export them to a CSV file then import into Gmail.

See the following post on how to accomplish this for different devices.

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
BlackBerry:

1. Synchronize the device to Outlook, Entourage or Macintosh Address Book.
  2. Export contacts from Outlook, Entourage or Macintosh Address Book to a CSV file.
  3. Import the contacts to Gmail per next post.

Windows Mobile:

1. Synchronize the device to Outlook.
  2. Export contacts to a CSV file.

Palm OS:

1. Synchronize to Palm Desktop or Outlook.
  2. Export contacts from Palm Desktop or Outlook to a CSV file.

Regular handset device using Verizon's Backup Assistant service (must be VZW customer):

1. Ensure Backup Assistant is installed on the original device.
  2. Back up contacts.
  3. Export contacts to a CSV file via the Backup Assistant Web portal.
  4. Import contacts to Gmail per next post.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
1.) From a computer, launch an Internet browser then navigate to the Gmail website.

2.) Sign in with the Gmail account username and password.

gmail_website_sign_in.jpg

3.) Click Contacts.

gmail_website_contacts.jpg

4.) Click Import.

gmail_website_import.jpg

5. Click Choose File / Browse.

gmail_website_choose_file.jpg

6. Select the desired .CSV / vCard file then click Choose / Open.

gmail_website_choose_csv.jpg

7. Click Import.

gmail_website_csv_import.jpg

8. Click OK.

Reactions: erwaso

Azash

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the thread. I'm still a little confused. I'd like to import my Outlook contacts, from my Vista computer, to an accessable file on my Droid IIG. I don't wan't it in my Droid contacts. Is this possible?

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Importing Contacts into Android:

Contacts can be added to your device using Gmail.

Contacts need to be exported as a Comma Seperated Value (.CSV) file then imported into the primary Gmail account. Contacts will synchronize automatically to the device.

Determine the location of existing contacts, export them to a CSV file then import into Gmail.

See the following post on how to accomplish this for different devices.

I attempted to synch my BB contacts to my outlook address book and it acts like its doing it but when I check there's nothing in outlook. I've tried changing the setting from 2 way, 1 way, device overides, etc. Whats funny is my outlook address book is empty because I always use Outlook express. I wanted it to go to outlook so the contacts would be strictly whats on my phone.

BigBlackAv

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I had an exchange email (connected to my Atrix) with hundreds of contacts and have been laid off from the job that provided it. Now, I don't have access to the exchange server. I have all the contacts on my phone, but they are still "exchange" contacts, how can I now (since they are not on a computer) import them into gmail?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

KWP1911

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem exporting my contacts from Outlook to .csv, however, when I import them into GMail, the names don't show. The contacts list lists the name of the company and a phone number, but no contact name.

When I look into the contact details, it shows the contact name in the Notes section. Is there a particular order that information should be in?

Thanks.

Bethconfuse4

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
wondering if you give tutoring to new/old users...I just got the optimus Q from straight talk...discovered rooting and wondering if this is my issue with not being able to put my company email in sync/ is it a certificate malfunction. ?????? confused and I am unwilling to brick my phone...
:confused: