Please help with Teamwin crap..

S Moore

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my Galaxy note 2 and did it in the way to keep my stock rom so that I could still get and use updates. Well there has been an update trying to come through for 2 weeks. I chose to install the update it downloads it which is like 267MB and then it goes to reboot the phone and books into some Teamwin crap. I don't remember installing anything called Teamwin. . Anyhow Teamwin opens and the update NEVER installs. I unrooted the phone and did a factory phone reset hoping that would remove Teamwin but it didn't. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS POS Teamwin crap?
Any help in this greatly appreciated!
S. Wes. M
wes032@gmail.com

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I can't help much with the Note 2 personally but TeamWin or TWRP is a custom recovery that was installed on the device during your rooting process. I recommend checking out Note 2 forums specifically the Rooting and Hacking forums for there and look for the information to restore to factory stock for your specific Galaxy Note 2.

Factory reset will not remove the custom recovery it has to be flashed with Odin and the stock recovery will have to be placed back on the device along with the factory image (OS).

Hope this helps a bit.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
S. you should have paid closer attention to what you were doing when you rooted, and what rooting means.

1. Once you root, no OTA will work, on any device. It has nothing to do with TWRP. Don't blame software for your failure to learn before doing.
2. I'm pretty sure the instructions for rooting, had you read them carefully, talked about recovery and TWRP.
3. Go to the Note 2 rooting forum on this site and ask how you can apply the update. You'll probably find there's a version you can load onto a rooted phone. Or, if not, instructions on how to un-root so you can apply the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie