restore contacts after factory data reset without backing it up to gmail

Bupitz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.

I found this thread and said I don't need to open a new one with the same topic.
Long story short:

Yesterday I did a factory reset on my father's Samsung S4. I bought it for him 2 years ago, configured it etc etc. Before the factory reset I backed up everything I said it is valuable, synchronized the contacts, backed up the Samsung Account to cloud and went for the factory reset.
Because I did the same on my S6 some time ago with the agenda backup on the SD card, computer, etc etc and was no need for that, I said to myself there's no need for my dad's neither.

After the reset, I logged in with the google accounts, everything was fine... WiFi passwords restored, apps, backgrounds ... BUT NO CONTACTS.
I looked in the settings, everything seemed OK, all checks were there. Restarted the phone, left it overnight online with WiFi on.... in the morning NO CONTACTS.
I logged into Gmail on my computer with his account ... NO CONTACTS ... WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!? I also tried to load the contacts from yesterday, a week ago ... still no contacts :|

Is there a way to restore the contacts if they are not on google?!?

Thank you in advance!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Before the factory reset I backed up everything I said it is valuable, synchronized the contacts, backed up the Samsung Account to cloud and went for the factory reset.

Were these contacts all saved to the Samsung account or a Google account? If they weren't associated with a Google account, then they won't get automatically synced there. If they were associated with a Samsung account, then they were presumably synced to the Samsung account in the cloud. Try going to Settings>Accounts, select Samsung, and make sure Contacts sync is turned on. Also, in the Contacts app, make sure it's set to show all accounts, and not just the Google account.

saifi369

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I have Galaxy S6Edge

I needed to hardreset my device because of an Oculus update causing Battery Drain
But before doing so I have sync my contacts with samsung account
But when I restored all of my messages are here but some contacts are missing from both Gmail and samsung account.
I wonder why some of my contacts are missing.????