Considering either an HTC One or a Sony Xperia Z

Mr Davo

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I am debating whether to get an HTC One or a Sony Xperia Z for my next smartphone. About six years ago I started my smartphone journey with an HTC TyTNII - it was incredible at the time, with a touch screen, a slide out keyboard & Wndows 6 Professional. I actually had the TyTNII before the iPhone was released in Australia, so I got a few strange looks from people as I walked through the super market tapping away on a full QWERTY keyboard. :)

Of course there have been a lot of developments in the smartphone arena since 2007, and my current "flagship" is the HTC Sensation. My Sensation has been a great phone, and using Android for the first time (since getting my Sensation about a year and a half ago) has been a real pleasure. I am a computer geek so naturally I have been experimenting with custom ROMs, etc and this has given me some enjoyment however I am not convinced that I will take this direction in future.

I have some specific concerns about both of the phones that I am considering - with the HTC One I am worried that the 4 "Ultra Pixel" camera is just a marketing ploy, and that it will be inferior to the 13 Mega Pixel camera on the Xperia Z. On the other hand I am used to HTC Sense interface, and I am a big fan of it, whereas I don't even know the name of the UI used by Sony.

Any opinions on which phone to purchase will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams