Damaged Screen help.

arah9

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a quick question.
My HTC Inspire has a damaged screen that im looking to replace/fix myself. And after doing some research Ive discovered that this type of repair either calls for a new LCD screen, or a Digitizer; and im not sure which one I need. Basically, the screen itself (with the power off) appears flawless, no scratches no cracks. But when I power the screen on, about 80% of the screen has red/white/green lines running through it. So I was wondering what this would call for. Thanks in advance.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I have a quick question.
My HTC Inspire has a damaged screen that im looking to replace/fix myself. And after doing some research Ive discovered that this type of repair either calls for a new LCD screen, or a Digitizer; and im not sure which one I need. Basically, the screen itself (with the power off) appears flawless, no scratches no cracks. But when I power the screen on, about 80% of the screen has red/white/green lines running through it. So I was wondering what this would call for. Thanks in advance.
sounds like you need a LCD ...digitzer is what translates touch to software(i believe) which doesnt seem to be your problem

SWD

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
First off do you have insurance on your phone. This could be in handy if the Device Company says it is user fault. Typically this rarely happens with an undamaged screen but it is insurance for a reason.

I would call HTC device services and speak to a representative. Explain to them that this has occurred and there was no physical damage to the phone and it started happening. With this issue it could be a hardware malfunction and they could send you a replacement phone. I would not recommend fixing the phone yourself until you call technical services. Sometimes companies have issues with their phones and do not advertise it because it is not a majority.

I have had an issue similar with a samsung phone and received a free replacement and upgrade. (this is going 5 years back). Your provider can only guarantee a warranty for an X amount of days where the physical device is under a 1 year warranty.

All else fails and you have the insurance, I would pay the deductible for a replacement when you file a claim.

arah9

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
First off do you have insurance on your phone. This could be in handy if the Device Company says it is user fault. Typically this rarely happens with an undamaged screen but it is insurance for a reason.

I would call HTC device services and speak to a representative. Explain to them that this has occurred and there was no physical damage to the phone and it started happening. With this issue it could be a hardware malfunction and they could send you a replacement phone. I would not recommend fixing the phone yourself until you call technical services. Sometimes companies have issues with their phones and do not advertise it because it is not a majority.

I have had an issue similar with a samsung phone and received a free replacement and upgrade. (this is going 5 years back). Your provider can only guarantee a warranty for an X amount of days where the physical device is under a 1 year warranty.

All else fails and you have the insurance, I would pay the deductible for a replacement when you file a claim.

yea i was thinking about that, only problem is the damage occurred after I dropped my phone. So Im almost positive that it was in result of the fall. But im just surprised that the screen itself can be damaged like that, without there being any cracks or that sort of thing.