cannot install apps on google play

Konrad Muczynski

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello
When I try to install any app from Google play store it all goes well until I press the 'accept and download' button and the app just goes back to main screen and the app is not installed. I am using Samsung Galaxy S3.
I cleared the data of google play yesterday because I was getting these annoying messages which slowed my phone down (they were popping up every 2 seconds or so)
Please do you have any suggestions?
Thank you

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello
When I try to install any app from Google play store it all goes well until I press the 'accept and download' button and the app just goes back to main screen and the app is not installed. I am using Samsung Galaxy S3.
I cleared the data of google play yesterday because I was getting these annoying messages which slowed my phone down (they were popping up every 2 seconds or so)
Please do you have any suggestions?
Thank you

Have you tried clearing the phone's cache in recovery?

butron

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar problem with my moto x. I am trying to install the myfitnesspal calorie count app from play store. Everything seems ok, it asks for permission and then it claims to be installing with the bar active, except that an hour later it is still "installing". I have tried other similar apps with the same results. I cleared cache through settings>storage>cached data>Ok (which claims it will clear cached data for all apss) but to no avail. Anybody have any ideas please?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Check your date and time and reset. Also here's another thing to try from a poster called Anne:

"If the link doesn't work, the directions are:
1. Go to settings
2. Open Application Manager
3. Scroll to "All"
4. At the VERY bottom you see Downloads. (Betcha it says "Disabled"
5. Enable!
That's it! "

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

butron

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Check your date and time and reset. Also here's another thing to try from a poster called Anne:

"If the link doesn't work, the directions are:
1. Go to settings
2. Open Application Manager
3. Scroll to "All"
4. At the VERY bottom you see Downloads. (Betcha it says "Disabled"
5. Enable!
That's it! "

Thank you, thank you! You don't know how many hours I spent on this problem. Your advise was not exactly what i did because the "downloads" app was not at the bottom and because it was enabled. However, I found "download manager" and "downloads" listed among the apps, so I went to both of them and cleared the cache and the data in both of them and suddenly the app I wanted downloaded and got installed: a miracle!

Thank you.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, thank you! You don't know how many hours I spent on this problem. Your advise was not exactly what i did because the "downloads" app was not at the bottom and because it was enabled. However, I found "download manager" and "downloads" listed among the apps, so I went to both of them and cleared the cache and the data in both of them and suddenly the app I wanted downloaded and got installed: a miracle!

Thank you.

I'm glad you got it worked out! :thumbup::)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke