I use MS Outlook 2007 on my home PC. I recently picked up a Droid X. I do not use Gmail. I use my personal POP (?) account (@cox.net) on my phone as well as PC. I would like to be able to sync my contacts and calendar from my PC to my Droid X. If I can sync both ways that would be even better. Before the Droid X I had an HTC Eris. I was able to keep that phone sync'd to the info on my PC using the software they provded - HTC Sync. How do I accomplish this on my X? Is there something in the Market that accomplishes this?
    08-05-2010 12:55 AM
    Get gsyncit from daveswebsite.com. It will allow you to sync contacts, calendars, notes from outlook to gmail. There is an app that will sync notes to your android phone from google docs.
    09-19-2010 07:29 PM
    There are quite a few Outlook sync options out there. I can't recall all of them off the top of my head but a search should yield them.
    09-20-2010 10:42 AM
    Yeah being able to nativly sync an Android phone with MS Outlook (POP3, not IMAP / Exchange server) via USB is not possible with a stock Android based phone. HTC and I believe Samsung offer apps with their phones that allow you to do this. There is gsyncit as well as dejaoffice / companionlink and a few others that try to do this for you. Some do it well, some dont. It is frustrating especially for former users of the iPhone, Blackberries, Palm and WinMo phones who are used to do doing this. But apparently you won't be able to do a USB sync with the next release of WinMo either.
    09-20-2010 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD