Strange File issue

webtracer

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
So I travel a bit, and use my tablet on the plane to watch movies.

I transferred some movies to my tablet via the external SD Card, watched them, then deleted them.

But the Google Play TV & Movies app still lists them as being there. Try and play them, and it says they can't be played (not surprising since they aren't on the tablet anymore). Neither DoubleTwist nor MX Player list them, but do pick up the current movies that I have on my SD Card. Play T&M list the new ones as well ... but still list the old ones (I'm attaching a pic of the old ones listed in the app, sorry for the glare)

Where does the system store the list for Play TV & Movies? I've rooted my tablet, uninstalled the Play app ... then reinstalled it from the Play store and it STILL shows the old movie links. So I'm guessing that somewhere on the tablet is a file that contains the list I just don't know where that is. I've cleared the cache, cleared the data ... nothing helps.

Thanks!

ICS 4.0.4

Attachments

• TV_Movie_Cache.jpg
    TV_Movie_Cache.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 13

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That is strange--I was going to suggest clearing the cache, but you've already done it. I don't have an answer, but just wanted you to know that some of us are in fact considering your problem.

Just curious--why did you transfer the movie over from the external SD to the internal memory? Why not just access the movie while it's on the external SD? That'd save some time, at least.

webtracer

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
That is strange--I was going to suggest clearing the cache, but you've already done it. I don't have an answer, but just wanted you to know that some of us are in fact considering your problem.

Just curious--why did you transfer the movie over from the external SD to the internal memory? Why not just access the movie while it's on the external SD? That'd save some time, at least.

OK ... so I worded that badly ... I didn't transfer them to the tablet - I transferred them to the SDCard to watch them on the tablet. Lord knows I don't have enough room on the tablet for the movies. LOL

I re-installed the app from the play store ...

According to ROM Toolbox, the data for the app is stored in 2 places (data and apk)

/data/data/com.google.android.videos
/mnt/asec/com.google.android.videos-1/pkg.apk

So I delete the app in Rom Toolbox, and then go look for those directories seeing if something is hanging around ... both are gone completely.

Additonally: /sdcard/Android/data contains no com.google.android.videos directory either

I looked in all 3 places prior to uninstalling the app to see if there was a manifest or listing file but none that I can see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR