RSS App/Widget Recommendation?

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks, looking for some recommendations for a good RSS app. I'm looking for a number of things in an ideal app, and of the many well-known ones I've tried, some of them are very good in some areas, but ultimately none of them offers everything I'm looking for. I'm leaning towards "no such app exists", but thought I'd throw this out there.

Basically what I am looking for is:

1. Custom feeds

I want to be able to select my own feeds (as in type the url directly in settings), as opposed to having to select from some list I'm given. As far as I can tell, feedly, gReader, and flipboard do not offer this. But Simple RSS Widget, for example does.

2. Widgets

The app should come with its own widget, so I can see auto-updated headlines directly from my home screen. All well-known ones seem to offer this.

3. In-app article viewer

If possible, I'd like to be able to view the articles directly on the app, a la gReader, flipboard, and feedly. On the other hand, Simple RRS Widget, for example, takes you to your default browser (chrome in my case)

4. Interface

Preferably a clean, minimalist look. Again, gReader, fliboard, and feedly all look pretty nice.

So I guess to sum it up, I'm just looking for a gReader/flipboard/feedly -esque app with custom RSS feeds.

Thanks, I hope someone knows of an app that does all this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21