Music to sd card

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
The best way I have found personally it to first take the SD card out in place it in a card reader or if your PC has card reader slots and first format the card. After that it is going to be listed in 'My Computer' and from there just gather whatever music or movies you want to put on the card and drag and drop them on the card. make sure you have a large enough card for the movies, Then simply put it back into your phone. i always like to take the card out and do it from my computer where it is least likely to make a mistake that way.

Also coming from iPhone you might also want to read this.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html#post1439377

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree with above. I would also recommend putting the music in a directory called "Music," if there isn't one already on the SD card. This is the typical default directory that various music players will look for. Once you pop that SD card back in, most music players will scan the directory and show your music files in your library, but sometimes you have to tell the music player where to look, and sometimes you have to tell the music player to re-scan the directories for added media. Which music player are you using?

markh75

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I did all this, but my tablet doesnt recognise the file types. I ripped the music from CDs with windows media player, and transfered it to the SD card, and that was fine, but they wont play. I tried converting them to mp3 format, still no joy.
My tablet is a prestigio multipad, 4 quantum 7.85 8 inch 8gb. It doesnt tell me what music file types will work with it, or if a need to download a player for the music to be played on.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe ripping music using windows media player will only allow you to play the music on that computer it wont play on another computer or devices.

Use another software to rip your music to mp3.

Here is mp3 file http://www.mediafire.com/?e92kq6s98bt4me9 (that's legal mp3 ) , transfer it to your phone if its playing then the problems are the windows media player.

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I believe ripping music using windows media player will only allow you to play the music on that computer it wont play on another computer or devices.

Use another software to rip your music to mp3.

Here is mp3 file http://www.mediafire.com/?e92kq6s98bt4me9 (that's legal mp3 ) , transfer it to your phone if its playing then the problems are the windows media player.

Sent from multiple devices using Tapatalk

I don't think that's correct. I've always used WMP on my desktop to rip music and transfer it to all of my devices. I think the problem might be DRM's on the original music file and the OP's device.

You can either convert wma's, if that's what they are, to mp3's using a free file converter, then transfer the mp3's to the device.

I've never, ever had a problem with music playing on a device unless there was a DRM issue with the file.

Another method to get rid of DRM if you don't want to convert the files is to burn the DRM audio files onto a CD and then RIP them back to your computer and they will be DRM free. Then download them to your device. A little more complicated but it works.

Although if you converted them to Mp3's already, I don't know what the problem could be other than your device. Can you play the same file on another device? That would help to figure out if it's the file or your device.

Your device should play the audio files, they are supported. Maybe place them on the phone itself and not the SD card.

Here is a link to your device specs and supported file formats.

http://m.gsmarena.com/prestigio_multipad_7_0_ultra_+-5565.php

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

Last edited:

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I just plug my phone into my computer. The SD card and Phone show up as two different directories. I open both. Drag the music folder to my SD card. Waited the 15 minutes till it was done and all is good. All my music plays just fine. I did have some FLAC that it told me would not play on my device. Not sure what song that was. Never tried to play it yet and have no idea what song it was.

Seems to crash windows explorer on my win8 computer sometimes though. If I try to rename an album it freezes and says not responding then restarts windows explorer.

I have downloaded album art and cannot get it to show up in stock music player which is annoying. Is there a naming trick?

Last edited:

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just plug my phone into my computer. The SD card and Phone show up as two different directories. I open both. Drag the music folder to my SD card. Waited the 15 minutes till it was done and all is good. All my music plays just fine. I did have some FLAC that it told me would not play on my device. Not sure what song that was. Never tried to play it yet and have no idea what song it was.

Seems to crash windows explorer on my win8 computer sometimes though. If I try to rename an album it freezes and says not responding then restarts windows explorer.

I have downloaded album art and cannot get it to show up in stock music player which is annoying. Is there a naming trick?

Ditch the computer and just use a file manager. ES File Explorer is a good one. You can easily transfer from the phone to the sd card. It's free.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=oZjFV6pz

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

markh75

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I was using WMP #11, it can rip a CD and it can sync it to another device, but be careful if sending to a tablet or an SD card; some tablets and/or cards, cant accept certain kinds of files, the result being that none of the music wouldn't play, it went through a whole album in three seconds! Sounded like alvin and the chipmunks on speed!
so i then went to re-sync them and it then said the CD was not for sharing. Tried reloading WMP #11 but that didn't work; all it did was save the faults and reloaded them to the reloaded program!
Solution. My PC was way overdue for a format and reboot, so i did, and WMP # 9 was loaded by default.

WMP # 9, doesn't rip from CD, it copies them, and then you can copy to another device; i have an internal reader in my PC, so i removed the SD card (after unmounting it first) from the tablet and put it into the reader. It works perfectly. Only issue is that sometimes it misses a song or three; when i loaded the SD card back into the tablet and found some songs from each album were missing. All i did was re-copy those songs to the SD card again, and it worked perfectly!
I wont be using WMP # 11 again; not when no 9 does the job perfectly.
You only need to select the format you want the music loaded in; then once you get used to creating a playlist, or album, it will list when the CD goes in, you then have to be aware of the album name and find it in the dropdown in the left pane, select the folder, playlist or artist in the right pane, by using the dropdown above it; click on "copy" above the panes, and it does it on its own. Its just getting used to selecting the right album, and the artist or playlist; get that right and your home and dry! I had like a production line going! while it copied the last album i wanted off the CD onto another device, and i removed the CD and put the next one on the tray; when this copy was done; i loaded the CD into the PC to copy and so on!
At first, i recommend you check each of the songs in each collection, have loaded onto the SD card, just to make sure its worked correctly, and randomly play songs from each album to make sure they are playing on the tablet!

I hope my finding helps at least some people out there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy