Titanium Back froze my phone

confusedx2

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a nexus phone that is unlocked and rooted. I installed titanium backup and backed everything up. I was trying to set a widget on the home page to freeze and defrost apps and by mistake hit freeze all apps. I stopped it as fast as I could and was able to defrost all apps but not when to to the phone on the screen is dark and there is a box that says "unfortunately. Phone has stooped" I have pulled battery and it still does it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a nexus phone that is unlocked and rooted. I installed titanium backup and backed everything up. I was trying to set a widget on the home page to freeze and defrost apps and by mistake hit freeze all apps. I stopped it as fast as I could and was able to defrost all apps but not when to to the phone on the screen is dark and there is a box that says "unfortunately. Phone has stooped" I have pulled battery and it still does it.

Unfreeze phone? Or does it completely lock up the entire device? If it's a Nexus, you can always use fastboot and restore the factory images. Start fresh.

confusedx2

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, completely locked. I did a hard factory reset. Unlocked and rooted with the nexus root toolkit and was able to restore with TB. Back almost 100%. Only two issues I see are that I can not set up goggle wallet, not a big issue. And when I open TB, there are no apps listed. At the top it says TB (froze) (user). I have checked and there is nothing frozen. I have deleted the app and reinstalled but says the same thing. I guess I am just glad to have my phone back at 99%. It is really sad how much we rely on these stupid things, but I must admit, I was freaking out. I would like to get TB working again. Seems like a really useful app. Thanks for the reply.