New To Android: How do I sync my Outlook Calendar with my S4?

MeanEyedCat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: New To Android: How Do I Sync My Outlook Calendar with My S4

Oh, the frustration! Two hours on the phone with Samsung and they can't figure it out. So much for KIES. Android Sync didn't work either. I need to sync everything, including Notes. This product has received some good reviews. A sure thing?

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

CompanionLink handles your entire Outlook data set - contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journal, and categories. www.companionlink.com/android/outlook/

Check your PM. I just sent you a $10 coupon.

Enjoy your new phone!

Believe I mentioned this a few posts up and I can say that I love Companion Link and have been using it since I switched from a Palm Zire to a Palm Pre Plus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

krentma

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

I am also going mad with Kies....I cannot understand how Samsung can provide such inept software. My requirement is exactly as the same as yours - I am not interested in synching with google - I just want my Outlook calendar and phone to be in synch. I had no problems whatsoever with the old HTC Sync which I used to use - but Kies takes forever and doesn't seem to have actually synched everything (which is worse than useless).

I've taken a look at some of the products recommended on this forum, but to be honest, I really don't want to pay $10+ (or anything at all, actually) for a very simple requirement. I just wish that my whole google calendar could have been left out of it - it's not a calendar I can use for work so of no benefit.

Tried MyPhoneExplorer which seemed overly complicated (I have no idea how many calendars it was trying to sink - but it seemed to transfer data only one way....and I need a two way synch). This whole fiasco takes me back to nearly 10 years ago and the problems with Blackberry synching.

Can ANYONE help ! Is KIES really that bad - or is it me?

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

You don't have to pay for Companion Link until the trial is over. Try it and you probably won't mind paying for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Walter Teague

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I am also having many problems syncing Outlook, both calendar and contacts with my Galaxy S4. I get duplicate contacts and the calendar says "50% or more of Schedule have been deleted from Outook. If you sync. the Schedule deleted from Outlook witll be deleted from Device as well" What?

Is there not way to cause Outlook to replace the calendar on the Galaxy. I upgraded from Blackberry and their software allowed you to do that so if you wer starting fresch or needed to send a good copy of the Outlook Calenda to the phone, you could select that function.

I see no way to do this in Kies and AndroidSync caused many duplicates?

Suggestions?

wdteague

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

FishenFool, thanks for the suggestion, but DejaOffice does not snyc the Outlook Calendar with the Calendar on the phone. It creates a new DejaOffice calendar which looks different. Now I have many calendars on my Samsung, and when i sync, I get duplicate calendar events. Any suggestion on how to clear off all calendar entries from the Galaxy G4 and start fresh?

mform451

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

CompanionLink handles your entire Outlook data set - contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journal, and categories. www.companionlink.com/android/outlook/

Check your PM. I just sent you a $10 coupon.

Enjoy your new phone!
Hello:

How does Companionlink compare to Android-Sync? They both look very similar. Other things being equal, a $10 coupon might swing things one way for me. :)

Thanks.
Mike

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com

I can speak to what CompanionLink offers:

1. Choice of USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync.
2. One-time purchase.
3. One license installs on up to 3 of your PCs (ie: work, home, laptop)
4. Free US-based telephone support
5. Support for all versions of Outlook 2000 and higher
6. Money-back guarantee if you aren't thrilled

Good luck!

mform451

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I can speak to what CompanionLink offers:

1. Choice of USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync.
2. One-time purchase.
3. One license installs on up to 3 of your PCs (ie: work, home, laptop)
4. Free US-based telephone support
5. Support for all versions of Outlook 2000 and higher
6. Money-back guarantee if you aren't thrilled

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I guess no one from Android-Sync monitors this board so you "win" by default. :)

Mike

MsMolly33

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded Kies on my Windows laptop and connected my Galaxy s4. Set it to sync outlook calendar to phone. For the past 10 minutes, it has been "preparing to sync schedule 40%". Is it hung up? Do I need to change something?

Elvi1000

May 17, 2013
Visit site

I use Android-Sync which syncs my Outlook 2010 with my Samung Galaxy S4 using USB cable, and not putting my data in the cloud, which is great.

I have an issue with the syncing. I sync both ways, and I have recurring calendar items. I just got a new PC, with Outlook 2010 just as on the old PC. On the old PC, if I changed or deleted a recurring item for just one of the dates, on my phone, it would be overwritten when I synced with the PC. I could live with that, making sure I only updated the recurring items on the PC.

But now with the new PC, when I sync, deleted dates of a recurring item pop up again, even after I delete them both on the PC and the phone just before syncing.

Does anyone know a cure for that? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

fr8549

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Elvi1000, I purchased the full license of Android-Sync and had the same issues with duplicates. I contacted their tech support via e-mail and got a polite response with reasons duplicates might occur, how they might appear to have duplicated while they actually have not (even though I see the duplicates in both Outlook and on the S4), and to make sure I don't have duplicate sync tools operating.

I sent them the event logs they requested and I never received a response.

I asked for a refund because it didn't work for me and there is a no-questions-asked refund policy, and after two weeks I still haven't received it. They are on my DO NOT RECOMMEND list.

What saved me was having backed up my pst file before I started, so I could revert to my old one, and am using my BlackBerry for calendar and S4 for phone until I can get this sorted out.

Kies won't sync Outlook Notes; they want you to convert to S Memos which are not compatible. The documentation says it will, but it won't.

I'm still looking for the right product. Companion Link's $50 is not as high as I wanted to go, but if it is trouble-free and syncs everything, I would consider it. wdteague's complaint about multiple calendars concerns me, though.

fr8549

companionlink

Feb 9, 2010
www.companionlink.com

I'm still looking for the right product. Companion Link's $50 is not as high as I wanted to go, but if it is trouble-free and syncs everything, I would consider it. wdteague's complaint about multiple calendars concerns me, though.

We offer free phone support so you can call us and speak to someone. We can handle multiple calendars just fine. Most people who run into issues just need help getting set up correctly. PM me for a $10 off coupon.

spaniard65

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

We offer free phone support so you can call us and speak to someone. We can handle multiple calendars just fine. Most people who run into issues just need help getting set up correctly. PM me for a $10 off coupon.

How do i get a coupon? I am interested in your solution. Thanks

player90247

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I use "Google Calendar Sync" and "Go Contact Sync Mod". "Go Contact Sync Mod" syncs Contacts and Notes, Notes will appear in Google Drive. Been using this setup for over 3 years now.

ldglover

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

I use GSyncit with Outlook 2010. Keeps everything synced

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

kaydeetoo

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

I have just got my S4 and my Outlook to 'talk' to each other in 'real' time. Calendars and contacts are syncing through google, but working to Contacts and S Planner on the phone - would be even easier if you use Google Calendar as default!
I found a product called Sync2 - cost $38 but the livechat operator was more than helpful with all the setting up the computer end and the phone end - thoroughly recommended!

ptkarney

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I have a personal version of Outlook on my laptop, and would like to get it over to my Droid (Samsung, Galaxy S III)
My contacts and e-mail have synced quite well, but the CALENDAR has not.
How do I get my calendar on my Droid, and get it to auto sync with the laptop?