Droid2 or Dinc

allensize04

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my first Android phone after being with Blackberry. I have read and read online articles and reviews, and I cannot decided to either grab an Incredible or the Droid2 when it is released. What are your wise Android users opinions.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It is really a personal choice but I have had my DINC for about a week or so since switching from a Storm and I absolutely love it. I do not think you would be disappointed

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble making the same decision. I had the Inc for almost a month, a few months ago, and returned to my BB, and have since upgraded to the Bold 9650, but now that 2.2 will be out and BT voice dialing will work, I've got the itch again. Don't know if I should wait to check out the D2 or just pull the trigger today on the Inc.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Lots have already said this, but it comes down to personal choice on what feels comfortable to you and what you can live with and without. The biggest form factor difference is that the Inc is a touch only while the D2 is a slider with a physical keyboard.

I came from Blackberry having a Storm 1 directly to the Incredible and love every minute of it. I have never had a physical keyboard on a smart phone so not having one doesn't phase me.

Go hold some demo units and see what you like best. Also, play around with the OS as HTC and Moto have different UI's that may or may not work for you.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Storm 1 last november to my current droid. I work at VZW and its all preference! IMO I would never go with the D2, when the D1 is the same phone and will be $50 - $100 less and has the ability to do much more than the D2, assuming it will have that same bootloader. I know a few people that have the Dinc and love it, but I also know alot of customers complain about it. Not to completely confuse you but an alternate, IMO better phone, would be the samsung fascinate. Although we dont have an eta, this phone is going to be one of the best phones we carry. If you want to preview that, go look at tmobiles vibrant.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I came from the Storm 1 last november to my current droid. I work at VZW and its all preference! IMO I would never go with the D2, when the D1 is the same phone and will be $50 - $100 less and has the ability to do much more than the D2, assuming it will have that same bootloader. I know a few people that have the Dinc and love it, but I also know alot of customers complain about it. Not to completely confuse you but an alternate, IMO better phone, would be the samsung fascinate. Although we dont have an eta, this phone is going to be one of the best phones we carry. If you want to preview that, go look at tmobiles vibrant.

Wonderful, now I have even more choices. The Fascinate looks top shelf. I haven't looked around for a rumored release date, but anyone know what the prevailing date seems to be around here?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't wait....Whatever you get today is outdated tomorrow.....The Inc imho is still the device to beat on Verizon. So the X is bigger.....The Inc is great at what it does and to me is the perfect size and weight.

oscarahj

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has a Droid 1. He NEVER uses the physical keyboard.

I've spoken to TWO VZW reps who had the D1. Both said, they NEVER use the keyboard. If you want my opinion, get the DInc or the DX. Swype is built into the DX. Supposedly Swype will be on 50 phones before 2011. I don't see it not being on the DInc.

I have the DX (coming from the BB Tour). I like it, but it might be a little too big and am considering going to the DInc.

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Wonderful, now I have even more choices. The Fascinate looks top shelf. I haven't looked around for a rumored release date, but anyone know what the prevailing date seems to be around here?

I do not think we have a date yet, I hope I did not confuse you. I would wait, but I am a patient person, if you do not want to wait I believe the dINC would be better over the d2. If you can wait, the fascinate will be the best, stable phone out this year. We will have a new android smart phone coming every month until the year is over. So you will no longer enjoy having the newest phone or the best phone.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I do not think we have a date yet, I hope I did not confuse you. I would wait, but I am a patient person, if you do not want to wait I believe the dINC would be better over the d2. If you can wait, the fascinate will be the best, stable phone out this year. We will have a new android smart phone coming every month until the year is over. So you will no longer enjoy having the newest phone or the best phone.

its a samsung, simple as that.. avoid it.

i was thinking the samsung epic 4g, and now im not, samsung support for they're phones is garbage, you'd get better support from a drug dealer..

lol

look at there past phones and support for them.. ZERO.
heres a link to me asking about switching evo for epic, talks about the samsung support issues..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/25701-anyone-going-get-rid-evo-epic4g.html

Last edited:

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Inc since it's release (came from BB Curve) and I ADORE it! Don't know how I lived without it! I do, however, miss the physical keyboard. I'm slowly getting used to the virtual kb and it would take a lot more for me to give up the Incredible. I actually just saw the Droid 2 today. I do like the bigger screen, but I love how easily my phone slips into my pocket, outer compartments of handbags, small wrist wallets, etc. Like everything else, it's a trade-off. I would be really annoyed if I didn't have the option to slip my phone into my pocket because it was a "smidge" to wide. Kind of defeats the purpose. Let me say again... I LOVE the Incredible. Yes, newer features come with each new release, but from keeping up with the reviews of newer androids as they come out, the Incredible beats them all hands down.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I do not think we have a date yet, I hope I did not confuse you.

Nope, I was just curious what the prevailing rumored date was. At this point, if there's not even a rumored date, it's too far away for me to consider. Looks like it's D2 or Inc at this point.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
A friend of mine has a Droid 1. He NEVER uses the physical keyboard.

I've spoken to TWO VZW reps who had the D1. Both said, they NEVER use the keyboard. If you want my opinion, get the DInc or the DX. Swype is built into the DX. Supposedly Swype will be on 50 phones before 2011. I don't see it not being on the DInc.

I have the DX (coming from the BB Tour). I like it, but it might be a little too big and am considering going to the DInc.

I have a D1 and i never, NEVER use the physical keyboard. I just purchased an Incredible for my daughter. I really like that phone. I would get the Incredible.