Evo on vzw

Status
Not open for further replies.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It's CDMA, you should be able to call and have it provisioned. Customer Supplied Equipment is OK. The 4G won't work but as far as I know everything else should.

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Has to be on the approved equipment list, and the evo is not.

So, no.

On another note, some *** hat came in yesterday to a location I was at and told them he wanted to activate his Iphone and the rep laughed. He freaked out and told us that they passed a law that it can be activated on any line of service now, and that by not activating it we were violating his constitutional rights and would "be hearing from his attorneys?." Probably one of the best one's I?ve heard yet.

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

So, no.

On another note, some *** hat came in yesterday to a location I was at and told them he wanted to activate his Iphone and the rep laughed. He freaked out and told us that they passed a law that it can be activated on any line of service now, and that by not activating it we were violating his constitutional rights and would "be hearing from his attorneys?." Probably one of the best one's I?ve heard yet.

That is funny. I have found that most people that scream about their right, usually know the least about them.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
That is funny. I have found that most people that scream about their right, usually know the least about them.

No no. I think its article 1 section 8. Alexander Hamilton had it specifically put in cause he believed quote "any man shall be allowed to access apples most *****in apps regardless of ones carrier"

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

So, no.

It is possible, I have a fellow rep in a different market who has actually done this. Apparently it is not to hard to get the phone to work on verizon, the only thing is you have to know the right person to get it added. But I agree, for most people, no its not possible.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

So, no.

Is that the new 28th Amendment?

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States, to have their Smartphone connected to any service supplier that is licensed by the US Government through the Federal Communications Commission; regarless of the type of channel access method used by said service supplier.

Section 2. The Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation and the fair use of capital punishment, of a representative of the service supplier, who fails to follow Section 1 in a fair time period, as set forth in Section 3.

Section 3.Fair time period is defined as not greater than one-week from the time when the US citizen requests connection to the service suppliers network.

dragozoid

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Nah I want the evo heard to many bad things about the X

And I've heard many bad things about the EVO. Cwutididthere?

I've had my X since launch and haven't had any issues. It's the best Android phone out now. I have none of the issues that others are having with their phones. In fact, if you go to the EVO forum there are more people having issues there.

Last edited:

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I've had my X since launch and haven't had any issues. It's the best Android phone out now. I have none of the issues that others are having with their phones. In fact, if you go to the EVO forum there are more people having issues there.

If you live in a 4G area, the Evo becomes much more attractive. And "best" always varies from person to person.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

So, no.

If you take it to a store, then you're correct. The stores won't do it, but if you call and give them the numbers, they will activate non approved equipment. It falls under customer supplied equipment.

I used to do this all the time with Nokia's that VZ would not sell. No hook up needed, just a phone call. It's bee a while, but if I remember correctly there is a form that has to be faxed in as well.

If you can, get the GSM EVO. I hear the 4G ROCKS on it ;) (Sorry could not resist) ;)

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
incorrect. HTC switched the screens because of the supply constraint. why do you think the shipping dates have moved closer to the order dates?

There was talk of doing that, but it was never confirmed. HTC did say they were doing that with a few phones a few weeks ago and the Incredible was NOT listed on that list. It never happened with the Incredible. And as far as the faster shipping...the Droid X just came out and everyone is getting that one instead of the Incredible. ;) Also, the new "froyo" start screen for the Inc still says "Amoled" in it.....

Last edited:

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
There is always a way..

ive gotten verizon phones activated on US cellular before.

things you have to do.

you HAVE to get the evo onto Verizons network.

i know the evo is programmed over the air, and im unsure if there is a Nam Programming menu, if there is, your golden.

just go into the System ID, and change it to whatever verizons system id is in your area, restart the phone and try it, if its on verizons network u will know via roaming or 611 and the verizon message. if you do this and its still on sprint, then you have to flash a verizon update PRL list to your phone probably via QPST or whatever..

now activating may be easier said then done, but find another HTC phone that has a similar ESN type, lets say the droid x, (im just saying examples here) if the esn cluster is the same, you can just tell them your activating a droid x, give them the ESN to the evo and it should be good to go.

calling an texting WILL WORK for sure, as for data, it may or may not...

but this has been done with other phones and it does work because i have done it, just by saying the phone is a different model that the carrier your activating on has.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

WRONG, evo is not having ANY ISSUES,

want to talk about issues? my cousin is on his SECOND X due to the screen problems with flickering and such, go look on youtube and see the droid x problems, it will blow your mind.

mikejs78

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
WRONG, evo is not having ANY ISSUES,

want to talk about issues? my cousin is on his SECOND X due to the screen problems with flickering and such, go look on youtube and see the droid x problems, it will blow your mind.

Actually, most phones have some manufacturing issues on launch. The Evo had several problems, including low battery life. A small number of Droid X phones in the initial batch had screen issues, and that problem has been rectified.

Honestly, they are all great phones. I don't know why people have go get so invested in 'my phone is awesome and your phone sucks' all the time. Chill out, people, we are lucky that we have so many great choices.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173