Possible to use a T-Mobile Galaxy S2 on AT&T Network?

bunionboy

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry if this has been discussed, and I feel certain that it has. I tried to find a thread that might have the answer, but either couldn't find one or couldn't understand it. (Obviously, I am not terribly well versed when it comes to this topic).

Anyway, I lost my AT&T Galaxy S2 last weekend (The Android Lost App was a failure). I still have T-Mobile's version of the S2 from when I was with T-Mobile. Is there any way that I can use my T-Mobile S2 on the AT&T network? I have an AT&T sim card.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% certain but I'm going with my gut and saying yes since both are GSM networks.

mongstradamus

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I think you may , but you may only get edge speeds. I know when i plugged an tmobile prepaid sim into my old att sgs2 i would only get edge speeds.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that sounds about right. I would think its doable but only on GSM 3g speeds, I wouldn't expect to see the HSPA+ type speeds you saw on T Mobile.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you may , but you may only get edge speeds. I know when i plugged an tmobile prepaid sim into my old att sgs2 i would only get edge speeds.

The AT&T SII lacks the 1700 MHz band needed for H+ on T-Mo... That explains your EDGE only speeds.

The OP will not have that problem. Galaxy S II - T989 (T-Mo SII) has the 850 and 1900 MHz bands needed for H+ on AT&T. It will ride on an AT&T SIM just fine and get H+. The difference in speed would only be slightly lower and that is due to congestion on AT&T at the H+ level. He will have to carrier unlock it though.

Justin Jones6

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is possible to use T-Mobile Samsung galaxy s2 t989 on AT&T I have mine from T-Mobile on AT&T with H+ connection you will need the new AT&T sim card to get lte i just brough Mine off of amazon you need your phone rooted and have clockwork mod recovery installed then from there you flash AT&T Samsung galaxy sky rocket radio to T-Mobile Samsung galaxy s2 using clockwork mod recovery then insert The AT&T sim and you should have a data connection and calling. Website for lte sim AT&T Wireless Newest 3G / 4G / LTE Sim Card - Postpaid /Go Phone Prepaid - SKU 73057 ATT Sim:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories AT&T Samsung galaxy. I727 sky rocket .zip radio.website Dev-Host - radio-att-I727-UCMC1-no-csc-no-ril-cwm.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service. XDA website http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2228292

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams