Couple Questions...

Confusing

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, new to the forums so forgive me if these questions have been asked before...

I'm using the Droid and I synced my contacts from facebook and manually added a couple other people.. And I noticed that when composing a message, I can type someone's name and a few options will come up, but it only suggests contacts I have synced from facebook. It's not really that big of a deal, but I think it would be a bit more convenient for me to not have to remember someone's number, or to not have to go into contacts, scroll through the list, click on the contact, and hit the little sms button.. So, basically, is there a way to do this with my manually added contacts instead of just facebook people?

Also, when I try to add a direct message shortcut, it only gives me a list of a few people.. And I notice these people all have their numbers set as home numbers, instead of mobile (I get lazy when adding contacts). I dont really know what's going on there.. But I changed one of them to a mobile number, and they were still on that list.

Sorry if it's confusing (ha?), but I suck at explaining things

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I have an EVO, not a Droid, so I'm not sure about the differences in the UI or the email app. This is a really odd problem you are describing here. If you type a name in the To box when composing an email, if the name is in your contacts list on the phone it should show up (as long as the contact has an email address in it). There are no settings, that I know of, that filter this list by account type (facebook, gmail, yahoo, etc...). Could it be that the contacts you are not seeing don't have emails in them?

You can create a direct message shortcut to any number listed in a contact, so it shouldn't matter if the number is specified as home or mobile. As long as the contact has a phone number in it, you shoould be able to create a driect message shurtcut to it.

I haven't really offerend any solutions here, but there may be some differences in the Droid UI that I am not understanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol