unable to import sample code - tried 3 methods

IAMTubby

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I just downloaded few sample codes by executing ./android sdk from the sdk/tools directory. This created a 'samples' folder as sdk/samples.
I'm now trying to import this to my eclipse IDE.

This is what I have tried.
1.File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace and gave the path to a folder called 'Notepad' which is a sample within the samples folder.
This gives me : No projects are found to import and consequently doesn't present me with the Next or Finish button.

2.File -> New -> Project -> Android -> Android Project From Existing Code -> Browsed and gave path to the Notepad folder
This gives me the Finish button, but on clicking it, the form doesn't change, and I'm still stuck on the same form. As in clicking the button, has no impact.
I also checked 'Copy projects to workspace'

3.File -> New -> Other -> Android -> Android Project From Existing Code -> Browsed and gave path to the Notepad folder
This gives me the Finish button, but on clicking it, the form doesn't change, and I'm still stuck on the same form. As in clicking the button, has no impact.
I also checked 'Copy projects to workspace'

Please find attached the screenshot of the form I get for steps 2 and 3 I have tried. As I said above, with or without clicking the Finish button, I'm stuck on the same form.\

Am I making a mistake in the source directory I'm importing.
At the momen,I am importing the root source directory. Within it, are the folder res,src,tests and AndroidManifest.xml

Please advise.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2013-05-18 23_41_42.png
    Screenshot at 2013-05-18 23_41_42.png
    282.7 KB · Views: 1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2