Hey guys, I recently defected from Apple and joined the ranks of the Android user - specifically a S4 on 4.2.2 Jelleh Bean.

I've an iPhone 4S on 6.1.3 that has carried with it SMS messages for years, from the previous iterations of iPhone I owned. it's about 25,000 SMS in total...

I've been looking for tools to solve the transfer problem. I checked some tools out. One told me to backup my iphone, locate the SMS portion (easy enough) and transfer that to the S4. Then, using an app (I forget the name) it would convert the SMS database to XML, which then another app on the phone can convert in to an android friendly format and do the rest for me.

It failed. I think the 25k+ SMSs broke the tool.

I downloaded Wondershare MobileTrans, however this does not seem to support the Galaxy S4 GT-19505 as the tool spits the phone back out as "unrecognised" or "unable to connect".

Any advice you guys can give me?

cheers.
    05-19-2013 09:42 PM
    Hey guys, I recently defected from Apple and joined the ranks of the Android user - specifically a S4 on 4.2.2 Jelleh Bean.

I've an iPhone 4S on 6.1.3 that has carried with it SMS messages for years, from the previous iterations of iPhone I owned. it's about 25,000 SMS in total...

I've been looking for tools to solve the transfer problem. I checked some tools out. One told me to backup my iphone, locate the SMS portion (easy enough) and transfer that to the S4. Then, using an app (I forget the name) it would convert the SMS database to XML, which then another app on the phone can convert in to an android friendly format and do the rest for me.

It failed. I think the 25k+ SMSs broke the tool.

I downloaded Wondershare MobileTrans, however this does not seem to support the Galaxy S4 GT-19505 as the tool spits the phone back out as "unrecognised" or "unable to connect".

Any advice you guys can give me?

cheers.
    Welcome to Android and the forums!

I am just taking a guess, but what if you transferred the messages to your computer, converted them there, and then put them on the S4?
    misterleroy likes this.
    05-19-2013 09:54 PM
    Welcome to Android and the forums!
    Thanks for the welcome

I am just taking a guess, but what if you transferred the messages to your computer, converted them there, and then put them on the S4?
    Yep, one of the processes required I did this. I got the iPhone SMS database to the phone, but the converter on the phone fails.
    How To Transfer IPhone Text Messages (SMS) To Android Phone

tried this thing too but the phone isn't supported (yet?)
    Transfer SMS from iPhone to Android

So far just brick walls, either the phone failing to convert the iOS DB to XML, or the 2nd tool simply not knowing what my phone is

Cheers!
    05-19-2013 10:03 PM
    I wondrr if XML is part of the problem, due to licensing issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    05-20-2013 12:21 AM
    I found an online converter that did the job... kind of... only 10,000 sms though, and it went on overnight, it reportedly failed this morning, yet I do see SMS there from 2009, 2010, then it skips to current time. I may need to give up :/
    05-20-2013 05:36 AM
    Great Post. For messages transfer, I recommend a program called Backuptrans iPhone SMS + MMS to Android Transfer(Paid one). Worked fine to move messages to my Galaxy Note II.
    08-24-2013 10:41 AM