Getting Rid Of Emails On Wildfire S

kah22

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Wildfire S phone and the Gmail account on it is the same as on my computer ie myname@gmail.com, up until recently it was an email account I never used. However, recently I started to enter online competitions and rather than risk my personal email box becoming choked with spam I decided to use this account for the purpose. Now all the automated messages and emails that I was prepared for are going to my phone as well as my computer, but I don't want them coming to the phone

If I go to the Wildfire S's Settings - Accounts & sync. I have the option of selecting Google and removing the account. However, if I follow that through I receive the message that 'this account is required by some applications and can only be removed by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which removes all of your personal data) You can do that in Settings under SD and phone storage

I don't want to go through all that procedure as I'll be upgrading my phone next month, E all I want to do is stop the emails coming to my phone is there anyway I can do that?

Thanks for your advice