Deleted photos keep on showing up, they reappear in gallery on samsung s4

EricRogers

May 22, 2013
Visit site
This is my first android powered phone ever. I just migrated from a crackberry and I do love the phone, it just irritates the holy moses out of me. Its a Samsung S4.

The phone has this nasty habit of not deleting my files that I want to delete. I am talking about photos here. old crap photos that I dont want anymore or that are somewhat inappropriate as I use my phone for business but they constantly reappear on my phone. I have no idea where they are hidden or go and then come back from. I have even taken the SD card out of the phone and deleted them off there only to find them back on. I had SYNC completely disabled but that is also not an option as I have lost work due to emails not getting to me in time, silly damn phone.. So how in the world does one permanently delete the photos of the phone and why do they keep on popping back up after being deleted? Especially if you use the rapid shoot mode, i dont want to keep all the bad ones but after I delete them they reappear. Its like Samsung went and thought, ok people keep on loosing things and then complain about it so we will make it impossible for anyone to ever loose anything again. I am more than capable of making that decision on my own thank you and I am in control of things and want my phone or any gadget to damn well do what I tell it to do. I dont want my gadget to have a bloody mind of its own!

SO please if anyone can help, please let me know..

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
This is my first android powered phone ever. I just migrated from a crackberry and I do love the phone, it just irritates the holy moses out of me. Its a Samsung S4.

The phone has this nasty habit of not deleting my files that I want to delete. I am talking about photos here. old crap photos that I dont want anymore or that are somewhat inappropriate as I use my phone for business but they constantly reappear on my phone. I have no idea where they are hidden or go and then come back from. I have even taken the SD card out of the phone and deleted them off there only to find them back on. I had SYNC completely disabled but that is also not an option as I have lost work due to emails not getting to me in time, silly damn phone.. So how in the world does one permanently delete the photos of the phone and why do they keep on popping back up after being deleted? Especially if you use the rapid shoot mode, i dont want to keep all the bad ones but after I delete them they reappear. Its like Samsung went and thought, ok people keep on loosing things and then complain about it so we will make it impossible for anyone to ever loose anything again. I am more than capable of making that decision on my own thank you and I am in control of things and want my phone or any gadget to damn well do what I tell it to do. I dont want my gadget to have a bloody mind of its own!

SO please if anyone can help, please let me know..

I migrated off of a Crackberry as well, to an S4 just like yourself, so I know exactly your problem; I had the exact same issue. (On a side note, isn't the drastic increase in battery so weirdly unusually fantastic? :p)

How I went about fixing it was I downloaded Kies and altered photos through there. To be completely honest, I put my SD onto the computer, removed the files I wanted from it, then reinserted the memory card and formatted it within the S4 itself. Then I plugged the phone into my computer and booted up Kies, and re-migrated everything iTunes style. From then on, everything's been great with my phone and the pictures. In fact, it started to work better because it didn't have to struggle to find the pre-made Blackberry directories, so it booted faster and didn't lag when looking at photos or listening to music that was previously on the card from my Blackberry device.

Hopefully this will be of help to you. I know this is time consuming, but it's how I solved my problem when I had the same issue as you did. Let me know how it goes! :)

EricRogers

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Let me try that out. how do I format the card on the phone? its really irritating how they make these silly design flaws.. I remember my first ever samsung phone the D500 had password protected folders, this fancy smanchy new phone has none!!

EricRogers

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It probably has an issue with the card coming from a crackberry because i was not able to access the card via USB cable when inserted into my pc

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
It probably has an issue with the card coming from a crackberry because i was not able to access the card via USB cable when inserted into my pc

Same proglem yet again, ahaha :D I initially downloaded Android File transfer here, but I have a Mac, so that's why I needed it. Kies should fix the problem though. And to answer your other question, you have to go into Settings > Storage and format the Card from there. Card only, not device and card :p

ac_droid

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
use fastwipe android app to protect your privacy. it will overwrite your deleted files with random patterns. these files will not be recoverable using data recovery tools they will be wiped from your phone
it is like a permanent delete where recovery tools are made useless