Texting and Emailing Videos on HTC One

Stephen Jesser

May 22, 2013
Visit site
After owning every model of the iPhone, I bought an HTC One several weeks ago. There are *so* many things I love about this phone and I don't see going back to an iPhone until such time as Apply starts innovating again.

Anyway, there is one thing that I am having issues with. Maybe it's an HTC thing. Maybe it's a Gmail thing. Maybe it's an Android thing. Hoping you can help me figure this out. I was able to email and text good quality videos from my iPhone. When I emailed them, the videos were HD quality; just as they were taken. When I texted them, the phone compressed them before sending but the quality was still excellent after compression. On my HTC One, I always get an error message saying the file size is too big when I attempt to attach a video file. The only way to text videos is to change video quality to MMS (176 x 144) which, as you can imagine, looks like shiznit. I can email videos if they are *extremely* short.

What gives? Thanks.

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
After owning every model of the iPhone, I bought an HTC One several weeks ago. There are *so* many things I love about this phone and I don't see going back to an iPhone until such time as Apply starts innovating again.

Anyway, there is one thing that I am having issues with. Maybe it's an HTC thing. Maybe it's a Gmail thing. Maybe it's an Android thing. Hoping you can help me figure this out. I was able to email and text good quality videos from my iPhone. When I emailed them, the videos were HD quality; just as they were taken. When I texted them, the phone compressed them before sending but the quality was still excellent after compression. On my HTC One, I always get an error message saying the file size is too big when I attempt to attach a video file. The only way to text videos is to change video quality to MMS (176 x 144) which, as you can imagine, looks like shiznit. I can email videos if they are *extremely* short.

What gives? Thanks.

GMail automatically makes you compress if the file is over the send limit unless it's in Drive; then you have no filesize limit. That's the only downfall of filming beautiful 1080P videos, I guess I can live with that, haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12