Ugh... What the heck is up with my wifi?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been having trouble connecting my devices to my home wi-fi at all until the last couple of days. Up to now, it's been fine. For some reason, though, every few hours, my Android devices just refuse to connect to my wi-fi anymore, and I have to reset my wireless router in order to get them to connect again. I have to do this several times a day, because they lose connection again after a few hours.

Here's where it gets strange, though. I have my phone, my tablet, and two set top boxes for two of the TVs I have. This problem affects all of these devices. However, any other devices (laptops, game consoles, etc.) connect just fine. Where it gets really weird is, I have roommates that also have Android devices, and their stuff never loses connection to the wi-fi like my stuff is all suddenly doing.

I don't understand what's going on here... Why is it that, every few hours, all my Android stuff just stops connecting to my home wi-fi, and nobody else's stuff is affected? It's incredibly annoying to have to reset my router every few hours, especially if it's the middle of the night, and I'm in bed trying to watch some Netflix or Hulu, or whatever, and I have to get out of bed and go fumble around with my router in the middle of the night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34