What Should I Do?

cknutti

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry if I am not posting this in the right place, as this is my first thing on this site. I have an iPhone 5 and I am switching to T Mobile. I don't like the iPhone and I am we'll acquainted with android. The last android phone I had was a Droid Razr Maxx (rooted) , and 6 other androids before that (all rooted). I have been looking at the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy S4. They are both the same price, so that's not a problem at all. Please help me with a descison, and some case suggestions wouldn't hurt. Thank you.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to android central! The note 2 and the s4 are both great phones. One thing to keep in mind is size. The s4 has a 5" screen, and the note 2 is 5.5". While that doesn't sound like a big difference, it really is very noticable. What is your primary cellphone useage? The note 2 has great battery life and the spen, but the s4 has a nicer display if you are more of a media buff. Which could go both ways, as videos look terrific on the notes large screen as well. I suggest going into the store and handling both devices. The UI will be very much the same, but when choosing devices this large, it is important to try a little hands on before deciding.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Jennifer had some great thoughts about the two devices. You really can't lose with whichever device you decide to go with. Personally, I'd go with the GS4 since it's more of the "flagship" device and don't need the extra screen size.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

cknutti

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I also have looked into the htc one, but It seems like it just wouldn't be a large enough screen. And what about the nexus 4?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also have looked into the htc one, but It seems like it just wouldn't be a large enough screen. And what about the nexus 4?

The nexus 4 has the same size display as the HTC one (4.7" ), but out of the two, the HTC has a better display due to its 1080p screen resolution. The HTC one has a slightly larger battery (2300mah vs 2100) but battery life is subjective. The HTC also has a more durable aluminum build, as the nexus, although beautiful and one of a kind in its design, has a glass back. The nexus is a great budget option, and is also a useful tool if you are into flashing roms/developing, or are just into vanilla android.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The nexus 4 has the same size display as the HTC one (4.7" ), but out of the two, the HTC has a better display due to its 1080p screen resolution. The HTC one has a slightly larger battery (2300mah vs 2100) but battery life is subjective. The HTC also has a more durable aluminum build, as the nexus, although beautiful and one of a kind in its design, has a glass back. The nexus is a great budget option, and is also a useful tool if you are into flashing roms/developing, or are just into vanilla android.

Don't forget that the Nexus 4 has guaranteed immediate Android updates for several years.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget that the Nexus 4 has guaranteed immediate Android updates for several years.

True. That is also a very important fact. Direct updates from Google.

cknutti

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Is the nexus worth getting? Because I am just going to sell my 5 once I get a new phone, and no matter what phone I get, I'll actually be ahead.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is the nexus worth getting? Because I am just going to sell my 5 once I get a new phone, and no matter what phone I get, I'll actually be ahead.

By all means. IMO still the beat phone and more future proof than others.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
How does the nexus stack up against galaxy s4?
Out of the box hardware and software, the S4. But if you want a good phone, at a good price, with good software that will be one of the first device to receive future updates (in the near future) then you should go with the Nexus 4.

I think its hard to compare both devices since they are not really on the same playing field out of the box. Personally, I'd love a Nexus device simply because it'll have support, official or unofficial, for some time after the devices "end of life".