Please help me understand Google's "pins"

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
This has frustrated me for a little bit. See the screenshot as a point of reference. I cannot figure out at a glance what the "pins" mean. Sometimes it's all white, straight up and down. Sometimes it's at an angle. Sometimes it's all colored, sometimes the circle is colored but the "pin" is white. I've noticed it in magazines and music. In the screenshot you can see two different "pins" that say "on device". What's the difference??
DOES SOMEBODY HAVE A KEY?? :confused:uploadfromtaptalk1369855422137.jpg

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Straight up and down and colored white pin means that the article or music is saved to your device. This means that you can read i the aricle or listen to the music even if you don't have service.

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
It looks to me that the March issue is saved to your device. July is downloading to your device, and May and February you can only read if you have service or hooked into wifi

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
It looks to me that the March issue is saved to your device. July is downloading to your device, and May and February you can only read if you have service or hooked into wifi

Which is confusing because all of them say "on device".....
Thanks! That helps.

From my HTC One X running ViperXL 3.2

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Unless the pin is highlighted it is in the cloud. Where it says on device is to let you know where to click to download it to your phone. Click on the pin.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae