Will warm or hot weather damage my battery?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I am so worried about my battery, nothing is wrong with it i just worry a lot. I am afraid to use my phone outside when it's warm or hot because i am afraid that it'll damage my battery. Will warm or hot weather damage my battery? Should i worry about using it outside? Please help lessen my worrying, thanks!

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Do not leave it in the sun or a hot car. Otherwise it will be OK. It will not last as long in hot temps. Charging in the hot heat is not desirable but for a short period would be OK. Worry too much and the battery will last longer than you.

Hot is not warm

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It would have to be exposed to temperatures 120 degrees fahrenheit and above at extended periods to cause any major damage. Really as long as you don't throw it in a fire you'll be fine ;)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jrham

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm in AZ and worked where I was unable to bring my phone on site and had to leave it in my car, I also used to have the same worries. I can tell you even though it is not recommended for batteries, I kept multiple phones in 120+ degree cars at least 4 days a week for 10 hours a day and never noticed and significant battery life lose. One thing I should point out though is the fact that I rarely keep a phone longer that a year, after that I have no experience.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674