Wifi Direct issue between S4 and HTC one

parmdeep

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Long time reader first time poster of this site.

I have an issue with being able to send files via Wifi Direct between my S4 and my mates HTC one. I can use my wifi Direct between other s4's and s3s but it the problem I am getting with HTC one is a little strange.

It connects fine but when I try and send it fails. I also tried installing superbeam and getting the exact same problem. We both have NFC enabled, I have tried enabling S beam, I have turned off NFC on both devices and it still doesn't work.

My friend with the HTC one can connect to normal wifi and also can connect to my phone when I turn it into a hot spot.

I would be grateful for any advice you guys can offer.

Kind Regards,

Parm

Joseph George1

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
im having the same issues as well..it was a s3 and my HTC one. we both enabled NFC and all that even tried wifi direct but it didnt send. we just ended up using bluetooth. i suspect is a security settting somewhere that prevents it but i cant find it.

AFerber

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
My husband & I are having the same problem. His HTC One connected & transferred just fine with another HTC One. When we tried to transfer something to or from my Galaxy S4 it would establish a connection but failed to transfer. Haven't tried the SuperBeam yet tho.

Ankit Sehrawat

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I am also having the same problem with my HTC one...wifi direct doesn't work....
I contacted HTC support for the same and they said
'' We regret to inform you that currently the Wi-Fi direct function is not available, but will be enabled in a future upgrade. Before the update is available, you are still able to share files using Bluetooth.

When the update is released you will get the notification on your phone, once it is connected to the internet.''

:(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae