Nova Launcher

pantell

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
vs I've had a Note II since December, and I haven't really done anything in terms of customization. All I've done is downloaded sswift Key, no emojis. :(, and a DBZ live wallpaper which makes tons of annoying ads. I always get told to try Launchers, so I downloaded Nova. However, after installing, only 7 app icons appear out of 64. Is there a faster way than to do it manually? I kinda like Touch Wiz, and would that mean sacrificing the Samsung apps? I've tried importing from Touch Wi, but again, only about 7 apps.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You'll lose the Samsung widgets by switching as you already know. All your user apps are still there. You have a lot more customizable features. I suggest digging through the Nova settings to see what you can customize.

Anything you lose by not using Touchwiz can be replaced with something equally good for free or minimal costs.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

pantell

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Someone mentioned a few of the eye things stop working with the launcher. I haven't used it properly yet, my apps appear in the drawer, but disappeared from my home screen.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Someone mentioned a few of the eye things stop working with the launcher. I haven't used it properly yet, my apps appear in the drawer, but disappeared from my home screen.

The animations or visual effects shouldn't stop working. Yes, Apps will erase from the home screen so you'll have to reconfigure when you install another launcher for the first time. A little hassle, but you can backup the layout and settings for future install.

pantell

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh, that's kinda annoying, but thanks. I thought it wasn't working properly. I'm trying to find new things to download for my phone.

Edit: Figured it out. Just add 7 pages, then import. I was told Nova didn't allow more than 5
So far I've done everything the same as TW in terms of layout.

Downloaded accuweather weather app, and the default alarm. Any must have widget anyone recommends? I used icons from a dbz go launcher theme (I do animation).

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh, that's kinda annoying, but thanks. I thought it wasn't working properly. I'm trying to find new things to download for my phone.

Edit: Figured it out. Just add 7 pages, then import. I was told Nova didn't allow more than 5

Downloaded accuweather weather app, and the default alarm. Any must have widget anyone recommends? I used icons from a dbz go launcher theme (I do animation).

DashClock widget is a good one to have.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear about troubles with Nova so far. Once you get everything sorted they way you like it, you can make a backup of the setup you have.
But I love Nova. Every once in a while I look at a different one, and still stick with Nova.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
When using Nova, I would suggest putting no more than 24 apps (6 rows) in a folder. Anything over that, the folder will lag when trying to scroll to view rows 7 and beyond.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance