Nexus 7 not charging, strange issues

graduallemon

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
This is my second Nexus. I just purchased a new charge cord because I needed to turn off my nexus to charge properly, and I hated that. But this new cord only did me good for a bit. Now, the nexus refuses to charge, unless you put the cord a certain way, and if you even touch it while charging, it stops charging. Help! This is so confusing! :(
Edit-now its not charging no matter what I do

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There are a few possibilities, the most likely of which is a damaged or misaligned charging port. This is much more likely with a third party cable because the micro USB port is shaped slightly differently than the standard used on most cables. Another possibility is that the new cable is not being recognized as a charging cable by the tablet. This typically happens if it's a very low amperage rated cable. Many cables are rated at .5A and the Nexus 7 needs 2.1A, although it does recognize 1.0A chargers in some cases. If that's the case, it will charge with the lower amperage, but it does so very slowly compared to the full 2.1A speed from the OEM cable. This might be why it needs to be off (I'm assuming for you to see the battery charging icon). Check the information on the cable you purchased to see what it is rated at.

I personally have had great luck with Amazon.com: CrazyOnDigital Home Wall Charger For Google Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD 7" 8.9"(Black): Kindle Store as a replacement for the OEM cable (replaced because it was too short), however it's one drawback is that it is not a data cable, so another cable is required to sync to a USB port or device, etc.

caz3

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Please let me know what charger you have bought, i have bought 3 chargers so far and i am on to buying my 4th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae