How do I transfer apps to a micro sd card on the Galaxy Tab 2?

Reasunach

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Or if this is no longer possible as I suspect it may not be. Is there a way for me to switch external memory with eternal memory

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Or if this is no longer possible as I suspect it may not be. Is there a way for me to switch external memory with eternal memory

No you cannot place apps onto the SD card without rooting and finding an appropriate app. I would highly advise against it anyway. When you separate app data like that (Not all data would be moved to the SD card anyway) it slows the app loading because the OS has to look in two different places for it anyway.

I am guessing that eternal is a typo? Again, you would have to be rooted to do this, but I am not sure if you can. You can change the default directory that images, video, music and documents go to. Open My Files, hit menu at top right hand corner, hit Settings. You will see a bunch of check boxes. click show categories. This opens the options toward the bottom. Hopefully, this is kind of what you were looking for.

TD69

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to figure out the same thing as I just bought both of my kids one for their birthdays. My son is almost out of memory because he downloads a lot of games. I was sitting here playing with his tab and reading this post. I went to the my files and then went to the storage file which had most of the files I wanted to transfer to his SD card, I then clicked on the arrow and it put a green check in all the boxes i wanted to move. I then clicked on the scissors then I clicked on the extsdcard file and I was finally able to transfer the files to his SD card like I have been trying to forever. So goldriver97 was actually correct with his directions, but it does transfer files to the sdcard. I hope this was helpful, sorry it was so lengthy.

Teresa

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Putting the apps on the SD card won't run them from the SD card. You have to put a link to them where they were originally. Android looks for them where they installed. (The link makes it look as if the app on the SD card is actually still in internal storage.) Not all apps will work from the SD card, though.

Changing where apps are downloaded to doesn't change where they install to. If you download an app to the SD card and install it, it will still install to internal storage (because the installer installs to internal storage).

Android was designed to use the SD card for data files - pictures, music, documents, videos, etc. It was never designed to run apps from there, and often can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781