Manually sequencing Chrome bookmarks on Nexus 7?

hbquikcomjamesl

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to manually sequence the bookmarks in Chrome, on my Nexus 7?

At present, I can't even determine where they're stored, except that they frequently disappear if I don't have an internet connection, which suggests somewhere online.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
"Desktop Bookmarks" are synced with your desktop Chrome, and won't show up on your N7 unless you have Auto sync turned on. You can edit these bookmarks on your desktop, and I believe you can order them there as well. You can edit the bookmark name on your N7, but can't order them manually.

"Mobile Bookmarks" are stored on your device. I don't think you can order them manually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hbquikcomjamesl

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
"Mobile Bookmarks" are stored on your device.
That was my general impression, at least until I encountered the "bookmarks page goes blank when the WiFi connection is NG" phenomenon (what could cause that, if the bookmarks are stored locally?), and those are the only bookmarks I have. I have a file manager installed, but was unable to find the bookmarks in the file system, and ran out of obvious (to me, at least) obvious places to look.

Hmm. I seem to recall seeing that Firefox is now available for Android. Might I have better luck with it? I'm not especially thrilled with Chrome in general.

eagleseed

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have sync turned on on the power widget but I recall there was another location where it must also be set, which I forget. My bookmarks disappear either while using Chrome (on my Nexus 7) or when I leave it and return, and I must turn off and on again the sync on the widget. Any idea how to set it up so that I don't need to "reset" it all the time?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings/Account-Google, select your Google account, then make sure Chrome is checked.

eagleseed

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
That's how it should work, of course, but it doesn't. In fact I may have found a weird workaround after poking around online. I went to the bookmarks manager in Chrome on my computer, where I copied and pasted all of my bookmarks into the "Mobile Bookmarks" folder. Now not only are they all there on my tablet (in the Mobile Bookmarks folder) but now suddenly the two bookmarks folders that should be there: Other and Desktop, are now appearing. And I even turned off Sync now and they are still remaining.

Nandlal Biyani

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
"Desktop Bookmarks" are synced with your desktop Chrome, and won't show up on your N7 unless you have Auto sync turned on. You can edit these bookmarks on your desktop, and I believe you can order them there as well. You can edit the bookmark name on your N7, but can't order them manually.

"Mobile Bookmarks" are stored on your device. I don't think you can order them manually.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums