I posted a question on here a few days ago about how my Galaxy Nexus has issues when playing music via bluetooth in my car (2013 Hyundai Elantra). The phone would occasionally show the BT was connected but the music wouldn't play through the speakers. I'd have to toggle BT off and on and then the music would come through just fine. Sometimes, the phone would freeze up totally to the point where I'd have to either pull the battery or turn the car off and restart it.

Well after searching all over the net for answers, I believe I have found the problem. Somebody in a forum (can't remember where) posted that they had the same issue and turned off Android Beam and it resolved their problem. I tried this and so far I haven't had a single issue. My BT would often make a "skipping" type sound when listening to audio (I'd say once every two or three minutes). It hasn't happened once since turning off Android Beam. I've never even used it before so turning that off is no big deal to me. So if you're having the same issue, give it a try and post back your results. Hopefully my results aren't a fluke.

After saying all of that, I still wish I could figure out why I don't have any control of skipping tracks on my phone with any of my car's controls such as the buttons on the steering wheel. I've seen other Elantra owners say they have that control, but I can't for the life of me figure out how. If anybody knows the trick do this, please fill me in on it.
    06-05-2013 12:11 PM
    It's really hard to answer car audio related questions like these because there are so many factors that can cause issues. I use a Galaxy Nexus personally with an after market car stereo and I rarely have problems if ever. Steering wheel controls and all... It might have something to do with your receiver (firmware).
    07-29-2013 03:32 AM