Samsung S3 LTE Gt-I9305 Screen Problem

Rich32

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a S3 Gt-I9305

I am having problems with restoring my phone as I think there is a system file missing and I have tried nearly everything from flashing a stock Rom for the phone. The screen still won't respond. I am using CWM v5.0.4 I have downloaded CWM 6.0.2.9 which will flash onto my phone. I am not sure if S-Off or S-On could be the reason the phone touch screen won't work and though it might be due to problem with the kernel. This is the kernel I had on the phone before I tried to update/flash a new ROM. kernel version 3.0.31 se.infra@SEP-79#1 SMP PREEMPT Wed 2822:04 KST2012 I can't find that kernel if I search on Google and was wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction, I can give you the build number.

I am not 100% sure what would be the right kernel for my phone or even which is the correct stock Rom for the phone. would it make a difference if I only got the build / Kernel after I rooted the phone. I am desperately trying to eliminate problems so I can start from scratch and build up from there knowing I have the right Stock ROM get the phone working again. I?m not an expert and learn quick from my mistakes. When you flash a stock ROM for your phone dose that re install all the phones drivers / system files if you can call them that?. The phone boots up but the touch screen won?t work but have all the Titanium Pro back up files is there any way to get the phone to restore from there if Titanium is no longer on the phone as I deleted it before I flashed the ROM?.

Hahaha at this stage any advice will help.

Any advice besides throwing it away?.

Many thanks!!.

stephanicasteeli

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
did you ever figure out how to fix your problem or did you throw it away,
my touch screen randomly stopped working i didnt drop my phone or anything
the back and the menu button work fine but the touch screen is complety unresponsive
i tried factory reset, clear cache, soft reboot, everything but nothing has worked i dont know what to do
any advice would help me at this point im kind of at a dead end