Same emails keeps syncing over and over again

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Samsung S4 and it appears that there are some emails that keep coming through on my phone as "new messages" even though they are not so I keep getting notifications for them. It's quite annoying. It's not all my emails, just a few of them. Not sure how to fix this, any help would be appreciated.

BTW - I have tried to delete the email accounts and re-add and that has NOT solved the issue.

Thanks!

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so the other e-mail app on your phone, I get it. Perhaps for now you should download the Outlook app to sync your hotmail?

jimearl

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and I have the built-in email app (looks like a white envelope with an '@' on it) set to retrieve email from my internet provider via POP3. It works fine. But even after I read a message, and it gets marked as "read" (it turns gray), wait a day or two, and it will come back as a new (white and unread) message. I think if I delete it, it stays gone, but I'm not sure. But I shouldn't have to do that. Sometimes, there is info in old messages I want to keep. I also have Exchange Server setup to get my work email using this same app, and have a "combined inbox" that shows emails from both the Exchange Server and my POP3 email. Only the POP3 server emails seem to do this. Any ideas? Thanks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy