Need help with microSD card: unable to add files on it from my laptop. does anyone know whats wrong?

Alissa Abraham

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 16 GB SDcard. I have used it on my Samsung Galaxy Ace for around 8 months now and it has worked fine. Today I when I tried connecting it to my laptop to update my music I faced some problems.
My computer detects it and displays all files, but I am unable to make any changes to the the folders/files i.e. delete, cut or copy new files onto it. I was also unable to format it.
So I formatted it via the phone itself and tried it on my laptop again. I am still unable add new files to it.
However, it works without any problems on my phone.
Since I do not have my the USB cord, I am using a Samsung Micro SD adapter to access it on my laptop. Does anyone what could the problem be? And how can I add files from my laptop? Thank very much :)

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps you don't have the permission to edit it from your Mac? Right click it and bring up "Get Info" and scroll down to "Permissions" and grant yourself reading and writing access. That should do the trick, I had the same issue.

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Same thing, except you have to right click and go to "Properties"

And if my post helped, please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button up there :)

Alissa Abraham

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything I could. I went into properties, changed the permissions and tried copying a file. It copied. but the next time I tired copying, it did not. And then I changed the permissions again and it copied. I dont know whats wrong. Its like it has its own mind! Any clue what could be the problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt