How to Set Gallery Image as Icon (4.2)

carpenj

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm on a Galaxy S4. I'm running Nova Launcher as well. I've noticed since I got this phone a few weeks ago that I can set icon images from icon packs, but if the icon pack is downloaded as image files I can't.

My process is this: long press app I want to change icon for > click edit > click the icon image > select Gallery (or Astro file mgr) > select the image I want > takes me to an edit screen where I can crop etc, I click 'okay' > it says 'preparing image' and goes away, leaving me back at the edit icon screen where the icon image is still the same as before.

Help! Lol I'm new to Android so not sure why this isn't working. Could it be because my icon images are stored on the SD card? If so, where do you guys normally store icon packs that are download as regular images? Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
carpenj, I have Nova as well and just replaced an icon image with one from the gallery. After adjusting the image and sleecting "OK" you should be sent back to the edition shortcut pop-up and see the new icon along with the name. Press the top left "check mark" and it should be set to the new image. If its not working try moving the image or gallery to the internal sd card and try it again.

If that does not work then you can try another downloading an app that allows you to change icon images, here are a few: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...e/search?q=icon+changer&c=apps&token=5KPaIlkV

Desktop Visualizer has been around for a long time and is a good app for changing icons. Let us know if you have any questions.

carpenj

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Any other tips or anything? Perhaps a setting I could check? Thus far, I haven't found a solution to this and it's quite frustrating lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui