Google Maps opening when i click on a link - Please help

Leon Monti

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC sensation 4g and use a web based tracking system at work on my phone. To track the product i click on the link for that product and i can enter tracking information, the link is the name of the location of where the product is going so in theory it could be mistaken as an address. For example product 1 is going to 123 hospital - OR level so i click on that link and i can go in and edit the info if needed. I have been doing this for the past few days with no problem.

So this morning i log into the web based tracker i use and all of a sudden when i click a link to check the status of an item my phone tries to find the link in Google maps (like its trying to find an address)

I have done no updates to my browsers (Dolphin or standard build it) or to Google Maps in the last 3 days.
is there something i did or didnt do?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a HTC sensation 4g and use a web based tracking system at work on my phone. To track the product i click on the link for that product and i can enter tracking information, the link is the name of the location of where the product is going so in theory it could be mistaken as an address. For example product 1 is going to 123 hospital - OR level so i click on that link and i can go in and edit the info if needed. I have been doing this for the past few days with no problem.

So this morning i log into the web based tracker i use and all of a sudden when i click a link to check the status of an item my phone tries to find the link in Google maps (like its trying to find an address)

I have done no updates to my browsers (Dolphin or standard build it) or to Google Maps in the last 3 days.
is there something i did or didnt do?

Welcome to the forums!
I would guess it was a change in the tracking system. I would send an email asking how to do what you used to do. Include a detailed description of what it did before and what it does now.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Leon, Welcome to AndroidCentral! Try this: Menu > System Settings > Apps > All > Maps. Scroll down and clear defaults. Try opening the link again and see if the problem is resolved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow