Gallery does not show pictures I transferred to phone

Putrah

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Basically, when I got my S4 I transferred pictures from my computer to the phone under pictures so that I can use them as my wallpaper. The album showed up in the gallery and all was well, but whenever I transfer new pictures into said folder, the pictures are not updated in the phone gallery. I deleted the album in my gallery and the pictures off my phone in hopes that all of the new pictures will show up if I transfer the pictures again from my computer to my phone. Now the album isn't even shown in the gallery. I've selected the option to show all content on the device but the album is still not showing. Any idea why?

Thanks.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed sometimes it takes a few minutes for them to show up. My guess is the phone periodically checks to update the gallery so they just don't show immediately.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Basically, when I got my S4 I transferred pictures from my computer to the phone under pictures so that I can use them as my wallpaper. The album showed up in the gallery and all was well, but whenever I transfer new pictures into said folder, the pictures are not updated in the phone gallery. I deleted the album in my gallery and the pictures off my phone in hopes that all of the new pictures will show up if I transfer the pictures again from my computer to my phone. Now the album isn't even shown in the gallery. I've selected the option to show all content on the device but the album is still not showing. Any idea why?

Thanks.

If you are running a task killer or cache cleaner app, that can mess with gallery thumbnails. Let those stay cached, and the pics may come up faster.