Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I'm a new driver =) Unfortunately I don't remember roads and directions at all so I decided to use my samsung galaxy s3 for navigation. Buying a GPS device is out of the question because it's too expensive and I already have a capable phone for navigation. I tried the navigation app on 3G to go to some new places and it worked pretty well. There are a few problems when using it, such as it doesn't tell me whether to go under or over a bridge or tunnel so if I do go inside a tunnel or over a bridge I may miss a turn. But I'm okay with these problems :P My question is where do I place the windshield mount for my phone ( Gonna buy it today) to get the best visibility for the road? Is the s3's screen too small ? Should I mount the phone horizontally or vertically to get the best view for the gps? Is it reliable?

P.S: I can't mount the phone to the dash because the sticky circle thingy :P will ruin the dashboard and my father is gonna get pissed off since it's his car. It is a nissan versa 2009 if that helps.
    06-16-2013 12:17 PM
    Place it either by the front panel by the radio or either on the dash out of your driving range but enough for u to navigate and see the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2
    06-16-2013 12:36 PM
    Mellimel22 The dash is not an option :/ What to do you mean by the front panel by the radio? Are you also referring to the dashboard?
    06-16-2013 12:51 PM
    216 views only one reply ..... so disappointed
    06-16-2013 03:04 PM
    Your question has no one answer, just try it a bunch of ways and see what works best for you.

My suggestion - use Google Maps, set it to speak the directions and put the phone face down with the screen off. As a new driver, 100% of your attention should be on the road, not looking at a screen. The voice prompts will tell you what streets to look for, but you need to be focusing on the road the whole time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    06-16-2013 04:40 PM
    Placement varies and depends on some factors. Personally, I don't keep my device mounted and rather pull up the directions before leaving and remember the directions as far as I can.

If you must mount it I would recommend the lower left windshield as to not obstruct visibility towards the center of the windshield. Be careful as this could also create a blind spot near this area. They sell the mounts which clip onto the vents. That would be my choice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-16-2013 10:32 PM
    Navigation er forsvundet fra min telefon
    08-16-2013 02:26 AM