download folder

tcarron50

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
New to nexus10. Downloaded Photos direct from my camera using Nexus media importer and an OTG cable.
However photos ended up in download file in the internal storage and in the download folder in Apps.
Cannot get them back to gallery folder.Even tried to email them back to myself but get <could not send attachment >message.
Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Do I need anything else such as a file management app.?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
New to nexus10. Downloaded Photos direct from my camera using Nexus media importer and an OTG cable.
However photos ended up in download file in the internal storage and in the download folder in Apps.
Cannot get them back to gallery folder.Even tried to email them back to myself but get <could not send attachment >message.

You can either connect the device to the computer and browse the SD directory and manually move the files from the download folder to an appropriate file you designate. This can also be done on the device with a file explorer, such as Astro - Play Store or ES File Explorer - Play Store.

I would recommend ES File Explorer of the two. Search "file manager" on Google Play and you'll see more results.

tcarron50

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply.
Do not have photos on SD card anymore. Only in download file in internal storage and download folder.
Therefore need to access the file somehow.
Tried Astro but it tells me that folders are empty although I have seen them there when I open app.
Anything else I can do?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for reply.
Do not have photos on SD card anymore. Only in download file in internal storage and download folder.
Therefore need to access the file somehow.
Tried Astro but it tells me that folders are empty although I have seen them there when I open app.
Anything else I can do?
When you open the Astro make sure you are navigating to the right directory. There shouldu be two directories: 1. Internal Storage (Internal SD) and 2. External Storage (External SD). If you don't see the files open the view preferences and see if you can enable "view all files".

tcarron50

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
When you open the Astro make sure you are navigating to the right directory. There shouldu be two directories: 1. Internal Storage (Internal SD) and 2. External Storage (External SD). If you don't see the files open the view preferences and see if you can enable "view all files".

When I open Astro I select my files. Now there are three tabs-my files :storage :SD.
All have the same folders one of which is-downloads- All the download folders are empty.
As I said I am new to android and to using file management software so please give step by step instructions if I am doing it wrong.
Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When I open Astro I select my files. Now there are three tabs-my files :storage :SD.
All have the same folders one of which is-downloads- All the download folders are empty.
As I said I am new to android and to using file management software so please give step by step instructions if I am doing it wrong.
Thanks

It seem like you are doing it right. Can you manually move the photos without using a file manager? That would be the best way to do it and set where you want the images to go.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I took a look at the app and you should be able to browse the destination for move and copy operations. Check the Advanced tab for these operations.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
Have you figured out your dilemma yet?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not as yet. Can you offer any advise.
I would have thought you could easily get at the photos in the default folder. Obviously not.

I would have thought a file explorer app would have helped. Could you post a screenshot of the file directory?

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks