Help with a Samsung Galaxy Centura

Jamie Ingles

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
i used to be able to get picture messages then all of a sudden i cant download them it says cant download right now try again later and cant even call out it says mobile network not available i have a samsung centura just got it still not sure how to use it

Justinesull

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Centura Straight Talk phone, and I recently did an update on it. After I updated it, the phone would turn on, but immediately freeze up and I couldn't get it to work. It wouldn't do anything. It won't even give me enough time to do the factory reset before freezing up completely. What do I do?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For those of you whose phones stopped working, the best ST tech support is available on ST's Facebook page. (If you don't have an account, create one.) Go to their FB page, state the problem with the phone and ask for assistance. They'll get back to you, usually pretty quickly. (Read the page and you'll see who's helping others, and how - well, not "good", but "better than the people on the phone" - they are there.)

Shadow Rose

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello, about 6 months ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy Centura from one of the local Wal-Marts. It worked great with minor exceptions such as, turning off without manually turning it off, showing itself to be charging while not on the charger, and not showing it was charging while on the charger, for the first two months, then it would not charge anymore even after taking the battery out. It happens my family's cell phones all can work on the same charger so therefore, I tried plugging the charger used for my Centura into my mom's cell and it charged, I then tried plugging one of their chargers into my cell, however it still didn't charge. Afterwards, my mom took the cell back to Wal-Mart and they confirmed, quote, "We don't know why it's not charging." Therefore we acquired a new Centura. which after 2 more months charger had stopped working, and 2 months more after that did the same as the first (same minor defects happened on this Centura). Now I'm asking on here what should I do (Note: Times are estimated, however I assure that I purchased the first Centura no more than 6 and a half months ago.) Please reply with an answer to my problem. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello, about 6 months ago I bought a Samsung Galaxy Centura from one of the local Wal-Marts. It worked great with minor exceptions such as, turning off without manually turning it off, showing itself to be charging while not on the charger, and not showing it was charging while on the charger, for the first two months, then it would not charge anymore even after taking the battery out. It happens my family's cell phones all can work on the same charger so therefore, I tried plugging the charger used for my Centura into my mom's cell and it charged, I then tried plugging one of their chargers into my cell, however it still didn't charge. Afterwards, my mom took the cell back to Wal-Mart and they confirmed, quote, "We don't know why it's not charging." Therefore we acquired a new Centura. which after 2 more months charger had stopped working, and 2 months more after that did the same as the first (same minor defects happened on this Centura). Now I'm asking on here what should I do (Note: Times are estimated, however I assure that I purchased the first Centura no more than 6 and a half months ago.) Please reply with an answer to my problem. Thank you.

Welcome to Android Central! I don't have a good answer for you, except that it sounds like you got two duds. The similarity in the defects would suggest some systematic problem with the Centura.

maryflannery80

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I am new here and have a samsung galaxy centura, only have had the phone for a cpl weeks and when i take photos with my phone the photos are stretched and i do not know why... can anyone help me figure this out so my photos are normal. Thank you in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you seeing them stretched out--in the phone's Gallery, or uploaded to Google+ or Facebook?

Make sure the camera is set to take pictures at the highest resolution. Open the Camera app, press the Menu button, and look for the Camera Settings (usually an icon that looks like a gear or a bunch of switches). There should be a setting for resolution.

maryflannery80

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
When i take them i can see them in my gallery stretched and when i send them to people.. i dont know if i can add a pic to show u or not. I will try this thank you.

Last edited:

jonbmerrill

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm having similar problems. I just got a Centura, and am trying to figure out some way to connect it to an old mac running 10.4. I really just want to be able to move files from the internal memory to an external sd card that I just put in. I need to be able to:

-transfer files to and from my mac
-set external card as the default install location
-move files from the internal to the external card

Tell me I don't need to get a new computer for this cheap little phone.

Thanks up front!

Sunny Stein

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm having multiple problems with my samsung centura.
One is I'm not able to play videos on anything but on YouTube like on my browser n such
Also my phone lags and I don't get notifications for 20 mins after I receive a message such as on Facebook or
Get notifications on Instagram. My phone also lags out and the screen goes black for five to ten mins. Or if I turn it off by taking out the battery
The phone has been doing this since I got it. I got it on Christmas so I've had it little close to a month.
Also every time I try doing a software update it fails even on wifi or data. Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having multiple problems with my samsung centura.
One is I'm not able to play videos on anything but on YouTube like on my browser n such
Also my phone lags and I don't get notifications for 20 mins after I receive a message such as on Facebook or
Get notifications on Instagram. My phone also lags out and the screen goes black for five to ten mins. Or if I turn it off by taking out the battery
The phone has been doing this since I got it. I got it on Christmas so I've had it little close to a month.
Also every time I try doing a software update it fails even on wifi or data. Thank you

Welcome to Android Central! Ugh, that sounds frustrating. You might have to try a factory data reset, which will wipe all of your data and your apps, so make sure your data is backed up (you can reinstall all of your apps afterwards). You could try booting into recovery, if possible on your phone, and wiping the system cache partition. Try the following steps, which I gathered on the web, although I can't guarantee it'll work:

1. Power off your phone.
2. Hold the Volume Up button, then press and hold the Power button for a second.
3. If you see the Recovery Menu, select "wipe cache partition," and press Power to execute.
4. After that's done, select "reboot system now," and press Power.

Amoore 0626

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I am new to Android Central and I really hope I can find my answer here. I am having trouble recalibrating my Samsung Centura's touch screen. The worst part is in my keyboard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all!!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am new to Android Central and I really hope I can find my answer here. I am having trouble recalibrating my Samsung Centura's touch screen. The worst part is in my keyboard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks y'all!!

Welcome to Android Central! I don't think there is any touchscreen calibration app or function. Have you considered a factory data reset? Also, make sure the screen is very clean. Excessive oil buildup can potentially cause inaccurate touches.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How do you set your storage to your SD card

Welcome to Android Central! This is typically app-dependent. For example, on some devices, you can set the stock Camera to save photos to the external SD card by default, but not on all devices. Check individual apps to see if you have this option.

Ajsmith314

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Centura from Straight Talk. It keeps telling me I have an update available, but every time I try to update it, it will get about half-way with the process and fail. Any help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Centura from Straight Talk. It keeps telling me I have an update available, but every time I try to update it, it will get about half-way with the process and fail. Any help?

Welcome to Android Central! Sometimes it's an issue with the server--you might just have to wait a couple of days and try again. Also try rebooting, see if it updates afterwards.

ks_greg

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

I've had the same issue with failed "system updates" for the past few weeks. Gets about a third of the way through then the droid lays on it's back w/ red exclamation mark. Finally opened a ticket w/ Straight Talk yesterday, they said they don't support "system updates" At least it's not "bricking" after the failure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm