SD Card damaged on the Galaxy S2, Help?

BigBadBossDK

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay so pardon me for my bad grammar but here's what i did

I used Notpod to transfer music into my Galaxy S2 in the SD Card file but after I disconnected there was a notification saying "Media Scanner Running" And after it finished scanning it gave me a notification that the SD Card have been damaged, try reformatting. I formatted the SD card and proceed to redo the whole thing again only to get the same messaged. I've restarted my phone, I've took the SD card out and put it back in but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is your card a SanDisk one? And a 32GB one, too? If so (capacity won't matter, it's just the 32GB ones seem to be more affected) there's a kown issue with SanDisk cards manufactured prior to December 2012 and newer Samsung phones. If this is your case, a quick call to SanDisk and explaining that you're using the card with a Samsung unit will get you an RMA and new card sent your way.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay so pardon me for my bad grammar but here's what i did

I used Notpod to transfer music into my Galaxy S2 in the SD Card file but after I disconnected there was a notification saying "Media Scanner Running" And after it finished scanning it gave me a notification that the SD Card have been damaged, try reformatting. I formatted the SD card and proceed to redo the whole thing again only to get the same messaged. I've restarted my phone, I've took the SD card out and put it back in but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?
Can you load anything else to the sd card by dragging and dropping it, such as photos or smaller files? Reformat the sd card on a computer (FAT32) and try dragging files into it manually. If you can't even copy small files manually then you probably do have a bad sd card and might want to consider a replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish