I had Virgin Mobile locked in at $25/month and after moving recently the service wasn't very good in my house. I decided to switch providers and my phone was getting old anyway, so I made the switch to straight talk with an AT&T sim card from ebay for $50. I'm avoiding t-mobile for the same reason - it won't have very good service in this area. I used the APN settings listed on straight talk's website, and the data works, and I can send picture messages, but can't receive them.

It's an annoying issue that I can't find a solution for. I've tried a few different APN settings, but none have worked and just stop all data function completely. I've tried talking to straight talk customer service, but it was a complete waste of time. Their solution is basically reset the phone and try the same thing over and over. I hung up after an hour today. My parents actually have galaxy S2s on straight talk with AT&T sims, and I tried copying their APN settings and it still didn't work. Help?

Possible solutions:
    1. Correct APN settings or some other setting that quickly fixes the issue
    2. Switch to another prepaid service that uses AT&T (and my $50 sim card is wasted)
    3. Switch to t-mobile and have decent service in my city, but no service whatsoever in surrounding areas (and my $50 sim card is wasted)
    4. Go back to virgin mobile. (selling my nexus and sim card...)
    5. Deal with it.
    06-29-2013 03:09 AM