Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

I am wondering if they do really boost battery life... If so what are the best battery saver apps? I would like the one that has turn-off wifi when the screen is off option.
    06-29-2013 04:30 AM
    I know they are apps out there like that but I don't know if they work well. I have never tried one myself, I just turn off setting when i don't need them like mobile data and GPS. That help to save battery.
    06-29-2013 09:51 AM
    I am wondering if they do really boost battery life... If so what are the best battery saver apps? I would like the one that has turn-off wifi when the screen is off option.
    I think it may depend on the app itself. I have never tried them, as my battery lasts quite well with moderate use all day, so I am not sure. I think you will get results that are as well or better if you limit the screen brightness, and kill radios you aren't using like bluetooth, and GPS, and connect to a wifi source whenever possible. Also, if you are going to be in an area that has weak cell service, killing the cell signal or just turning it off will help as well.
    06-29-2013 09:57 AM
    From my experience these apps do nothing other than change the settings for you. All they seem to do is lower the brightness, turn off wifi, shut down GPS, etc. I haven't noticed these battery saver apps being able to do anything that you can't just do in the settings menu without them.
    06-29-2013 10:46 PM
    One that maybe automates some setting changes based on time and location coups be useful. Just steer clear of the functions that supposedly kill unused apps every so often. Android is designed to use up most of the available memory, keeping often used apps on in the background. It doesn't use extra power if they are just sitting there, but if a manager closes them, they will reinitialize. That start up uses extra power, so using a manager to kill them will likely increase battery consumption.
    06-30-2013 12:59 AM
    In my experience they cause problems - especially with background data and wakelocks. I've posted about them before on here. It is possible to get upwards of 36 hours of use WITHOUT a battery saving app.

Research wakelocks, the effect Google apps have on battery (who says you HAVE to use Google Maps, Navigation etc?), system tweaks, governor settings etc.

Battery Savers are a placebo, and I've never seen a benefit. (...all based on my experience of course)
    06-30-2013 01:41 AM
    I really want to know where is the setting that turns off the WiFi when the screen is off...I'll be posting a ScreenShot later on my tab about the grey icon WiFi when I use intelligent mode in Easy Battery Saver.
    07-01-2013 12:33 AM
    Du Battery has a nice widget that acts as a universal cache killer. It seems to help my batt life a bit. I also like that in the notification bar it shows the phone's temperature.

Sent from my sexy s4 ♡
    07-01-2013 12:37 AM
    I think it may depend on the app itself. I have never tried them, as my battery lasts quite well with moderate use all day, so I am not sure. I think you will get results that are as well or better if you limit the screen brightness, and kill radios you aren't using like bluetooth, and GPS, and connect to a wifi source whenever possible. Also, if you are going to be in an area that has weak cell service, killing the cell signal or just turning it off will help as well.
    If I use juicedefender on advanced mode and chose to turn off wifi when screen is off then when it connects when screen is on, this is the icon of the wifi. I can still surf the internet tho but that icon is bugging me -.-
    Attached Thumbnails Do Battery saver apps really work?-capture_03.jpg  
    07-01-2013 01:34 AM
    If I use juicedefender on advanced mode and chose to turn off wifi when screen is off then when it connects when screen is on, this is the icon of the wifi. I can still surf the internet tho but that icon is bugging me -.-
    That icon indicates you are on wifi. That is baked into the ROM, and the only way to change it is to change the ROM itself.
    07-01-2013 08:55 AM
    That icon indicates you are on wifi. That is baked into the ROM, and the only way to change it is to change the ROM itself.
    But I'm on stock and that doesn't appear before I use the advanced mode to "turn of wifi when screen is off" setting
    07-01-2013 08:45 PM
    I understand I'm probably talking to a bot, but...

Remaining connected to the internet 24x7 wastes 80% of Battery Juice.
    I don't believe that. Do you have any data to back that up? I find that a lot of the battery drain when idle is apps using the internet connection (the biggest chunk being location services), but simply being connected to the internet doesn't take much battery at all.
    07-23-2013 08:12 AM
    I read about battery saver apps and am trying about 4 of them on both my Galaxy S and Nexus 7 2. In addition I set all my apps for manual update only to reduce traffic.
    This bit about the "internet" or WiFi not supposing to take up much battery power is interesting.
    On my S battery usage stats show WiFi only using about 3%. (Only use WiFi on this phone right now, no cell)
    On the Nexus7 it shows as between 14% and 17%. And I thought the more mature OS was supposed to manage these things better. Although of course on the Samsung it's not pure Android. 4.4 is supposed to take care of this stuff even better. At any rate after I am done testing, for the Nexus7 I may just get rid of the battery saver and see if shutting off the wifi manually will reduce the wifi battery usage altogether.

I also looked up wakelocks as someone suggester earlier. Someone made an app for wakelock detector but not sure that it allows those found to be cut off.
    10-20-2013 08:43 PM
    One thing to keep in mind is the battery statistics are relative. It's saying of the total amount of power used, a certain function is using x% of that. As far as I know, there is no way to tell how much power something is using relative to the power available, or a raw amperage readout. Even a cpu readout doesn't capture things like power consumption of the display and radios.
    10-20-2013 09:06 PM
    Hey, i've been able to do the Wifi turning off with inactivity with llama. Its a nice location based phone automation software.

Under events add an action to an event. Its under Wifi sleep policy
    01-03-2014 05:29 PM