Problem With Renamed Files

RayArt

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks,
Here is my problem. I have an audio book on my PC that is in MP3 format. The files are named as follows:
01.01 Filename
01.02 Filename
01.03 Filename

the first numeral is the disc number and the second is the track.
when i transfer the files to my android phone it is playing the tracks in the wrong order. I have checked that random play is off and that the sort is in File Name but still playing in the wrong order. There are 01 files for each disc of the book and it seems to play all of these together. I deleted the book from the phone and then using Bulk Rename Utility on my PC I renamed all the files in numeric order starting with 01 and ending with 98. then transferred the book back to my phone. but it is still using the original files names to play the files in the wrong order. how can this be? please, how can I get my phone to play the files in the right order? My phone is Samsung Galaxy Y, with Android 2.3.6. When I look at the files in My Files it shows the correct name and order, only when I play them it goes back to the old names. Help please?
Best Wishes, Ray

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to the forums. My guess (and I'm no MP3 expert) is it's playing them by track name (which is not the file name). You may need to edit the MP3 tags, and there are quite a few programs available to do this. I used to use MediaMonkey for this, but that was a long time ago, as I haven't bought/burnt music for several years since streaming services became available.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge around this can help out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC