Hey guys, I am an IT Tech trying to work out a problem with a customers Android Tablet.

The brand is something I've never heard of called a 'Gemini'

Anyway, the onscreen keyboard doesn't activate when a type/search field has been tapped on the screen.

The OS is Android 4.1.1

He's other tablet which is the same works, but the screen is cracked so he bought another one of these hideous unresponsive pieces of crap.

Help?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-01-2013 02:10 PM
    Heh heh, love your description. That's how I feel about most of these no-name devices.

Does the keyboard ever show up anywhere else, or has it been completely missing in action? Can you try selecting a different keyboard under Settings/Language & Input? You could also try going to Settings/Apps/All, find the Keyboard app, and (1) clear the data, (2) force stop it, AND/OR (3) disable it, then come back to the menu and re-enable it.
    07-01-2013 02:22 PM
    Oh, and suggest to your customer that instead of spending $200 or so for TWO cheap but lousy tablets, in the future he or she might want to consider spending the same amount or less on ONE proven device like the Nexus 7, or even the ASUS MeMO Pad or HP Slate.
    07-01-2013 02:24 PM
    It shows an icon at the bottom of the screen saying its enabled, but it doesn't actually show up on the screen. Only Google voice recognition does, but even disabling that doesn't work.
    I've also restored it to factory, tried swiping with 3 fingers. At this point, I can't actually tell if he was lying about his old one being broken via a shoe box, or he threw a shoe at it.

Grr!
    07-01-2013 02:28 PM
    Is Bluetooth on? Maybe it thinks it's connected to a Bluetooth keyboard.
    07-01-2013 04:59 PM
    It shows an icon at the bottom of the screen saying its enabled, but it doesn't actually show up on the screen. Only Google voice recognition does, but even disabling that doesn't work.
    I've also restored it to factory, tried swiping with 3 fingers. At this point, I can't actually tell if he was lying about his old one being broken via a shoe box, or he threw a shoe at it.

Grr!
    Perhaps there is a problem with the stock keyboard from the...ahem....wonderful OEM. Have you tried Google Keyboard?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-02-2013 12:35 AM
    hi sir my friend got a new tablet ainol 9 i think it runs a 4.1.1 but play store and the keyboard have stoped working the keyboard shows but don't work please tell me how to fix it now please (he tryed to disable it it and it did nothing
    03-04-2015 01:54 PM